Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Jacket

Old 08-13-2005, 01:01 PM

Default RE: Bowhunting Jacket

i went to the store yesterday and bought a new hunting jack. it is a MadDog dry wear light. my dad bought the same jacket last year and it is completely silent, and rainproof. it was 119.99 +tax. its not a heavy jacket like i wanted but i has some warmth to it and it has zippers to zip in a liner. i had a heavy black fleecezip upi put in it and and i few more layers under it when im wearing it and i should be nice and warm and waiting for a b&c monster.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:36 PM

I agree with Jerseyhunter and use the stuff you got and by some underlayer garments. I use all my light and medium weight stuff when it gets really cold I just use a layer of polyproplene underwear. This stuff is absolutely awesome it is extremely warm and wicks moisture away from your body. It is also very lightweight and inexpensive. I used this stuff when I was in the military and still buy it from army surplus stores. I used this stuff shotgun hunting in Iowa a couple of years ago when it was about 15 degrees with 20mph winds and only thing that got cold was my feet. Just a suggestion but I would definitely look into it and save yourself some money and be able to utilize all of your other camo.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:35 PM

i bought a browning NO TRACE jacket (not that I care it was so cheap) for 39.99 at cabelas bargain cave it will be very warm
Old 08-14-2005, 01:27 PM

i have the polypropelene underware and it is very warm. i have to get some new ones tho becasue the stuff i have is getting a little worn out