Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got a free BOW

Old 08-07-2005, 08:18 PM

Default I got a free BOW

I was just at a friends house and was talking about wanting to get back into bow hunting. He stood up and walked into his bedroom and came back with his bowcase. I was with him when he bought the bow a few years ago. it is set at 31" draw and 4 Eason 2413 super lite allum arrows. I know the bow has never been fired Xcept for target practice the first 2 weeks he bought it then the "fade" wore off and he has never touched it. I was given the bow withthe under standing he get deermeat when i kill one. My ?? is can i take this bow down from 31" to around 27-28" draw? He is 6'4" i am 5'10". I would love to use this bow (after restringing and new arrow, suggestions would be great on arrows/broadheads) durring this season. Also do you think i should sale the bow (if it not good quality) and buy a PSE or Hoyt? the bow weighs a freakin ton compared to the M1-MartinTiger i have now. OR do you think i would be better off useing the M1?? lots of ??? and probly even more answers =) -Thanks Lynn
Old 08-07-2005, 08:23 PM

Default RE: I got a free BOW

You can only change the draw length if it was made to be adjusted. You can't change it by switching strings. What kind of bow is it?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:27 PM

The new bow is a XI - Paragon @ the max of 70lbs.
M1 is shooting Easton XX75 2113 Superlite Camo Hunter arrows

I cant find NEthing on Google for the new bow
Old 08-07-2005, 08:32 PM

http://www.martinarchery.com/?page=b...=shadowcathunt

like this bow here if i were to get a new 1
Old 08-07-2005, 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: SHoNUFF

The new bow is a HI - Paragon @ the max of 70lbs.
M1 is shooting Easton XX75 2113 Superlite Camo Hunter arrows

I cant find NEthing on Google for the new bow
I've never heard of that bow. Great Plains Archery makes a Paragon recurve but I don't see anything on a bow company by the name of HI. Are you sure that is the name. How old of a bow is it?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:02 PM

He bought the bow in 98-99 i think. lemmie get you all i can read on the label.
sorry its Xi - Paragon, i see the draw lenght was 28 now at 31, bow string 61, bus cables 43

thats everything i see writen on the bow, other than the help support bow hunting sticker..its a urban camo type camo, thats no help i know =)
Old 08-08-2005, 08:46 PM

i took out my M!-tiger today and shot at the 20-30 yard sights. Hits 5/5 in the 3" circle first time. then 4/5 in the 2" circle at 20. moved to 30yards hit 4/5 in 3" and 2". also bust one of my arrows. almost stacked it but it sherd off the nok. I was wonder if NE1 uses the whisker bisquet? is that what its called? i was thinking about gettin one when i get the bow re-strung. Also do you think i should get carbon arrows? or go back with the 2113allums?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

This post is screaming BOWSHOP--if you can find a shop with someone HELPFUL working would be your best bet but i think the bow you had is better than the one that was given to you.jmho.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:29 PM

problem - shops dont exist for about a hour and a half drive from my house. Dealing with the guys at Gander mountain is the closest thing i have and TRUST me yall know more than they do....I know more than they do and i know JACK. So i come here looking for help and info on the bows/arrows. Im gonna try to get pix of both the rigs today.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I may be able to help. The bow is adjustable for draw length via changing modules on each of the dual cams. I had an XI Paragon for a time. '97 or '98 if I remember correctly. I don't know if you can find the modules anywhere as XI has been out of business for some time now.

Quick Reply: I got a free BOW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.