Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got a free BOW

Old 08-10-2005, 09:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I got a free BOW

Not familure with that bow, but that is a lot of ground to cover(2 to 3inches)with one bow. Dont change the string, that will screw up your timing. You can look it up and see how to drop the draw lenght as well, you can twist the string up a little, and loosen the cable a little depending. You will most likely need a press to do so. Id suggest having a pro shop look at it. As for whether you should keep it or go with another,,,, all depends on how it fits you. Id set it up for you and shot it some and decide from there. Im not a brand specific type person, I feel fit and feel is more important.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I may be able to help. The bow is adjustable for draw length via changing modules on each of the dual cams. I had an XI Paragon for a time. '97 or '98 if I remember correctly. I don't know if you can find the modules anywhere as XI has been out of business for some time now.
Ewww, modules from 97. Ouch. You might find some on ebay or another web sight I wont post here, but has to do with archery and people talking.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:52 PM

confirmed today the XI- Paragon was from '98. I think i will sell it and everything it came with and use the money tward a new Martin or PSE. Hopefully buy august 31st i will have the new bow, hopefully.