My wife’s got a bay shower on this weekend at my parent’s place. They’ve got some decent bushpig around so I decided to spend 4 nights hunting..." />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just to say Hi

Old 08-03-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Just to say Hi

To start with. Hope time passes quickly for you guys till hunting season, hang in there and may this be a great hunting season!!

My wife’s got a bay shower on this weekend at my parent’s place. They’ve got some decent bushpig around so I decided to spend 4 nights hunting them. So yesterday I opted to rather use the walk back method rather than paper tuning basically just for fun.
After tuning my bow to perfection on the walk back method, just out of curiosity I did the paper tune anyway. Bullet holes + , 3, 5 and 10 yards. Is this normal?
Anyway, in case you wondered, it is our own baby shower, firstborn (sun) due 5th October.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:55 AM

Default RE: Just to say Hi

Congrats on the baby!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on your hunting trip and congrats on your first baby.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the soon to be new addition to your family. The wife and I are about to try and have our second.

As for the methods you described...in many cases I have found that this can be the case. Some bows will paper tune very well but then won't "respond" well to other tuning methods without throwing off the paper tune. Some are just the opposite...but in many cases you should be able to get everything to click.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Africasunrise

To start with. Hope time passes quickly for you guys till hunting season, hang in there and may this be a great hunting season!!
Thanks, but it already goes by way to fast for me. If I could slow it down I would.

ORIGINAL:
Anyway, in case you wondered, it is our own baby shower, firstborn (sun) due 5th October.
Congratulations. Your about to feel a whole bunch of responsibility rest on your shoulders. It's a sobbering feeling and one I'm glad I wasn't left to miss out on.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:43 AM

congrats on your first baby africai have2 girls and they arebuddle of joy
Old 08-03-2005, 07:28 AM

Thanks to you all.
I’m SOOO looking forward to being a dad. Everything’s going OK according to the gynecologist. Soon I’ll have another hunting buddy.

I’m also extremely exited about this bushpig hunt. This is normally done by night using a read light with a rheostat. U sit downwind and wait for them to enter the orchard; I’ll be hunting in old macadamias. As soon as they start feeding (clearly hearable at night) u start you stalk. Lovely exiting stuff! Difficult and dangerous though.
Thanks once again.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the baby and that sounds like an awesome hunt! Best of luck with both!