Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP Nitrons Vs Rocky Mt. TURBO

Old 08-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default NAP Nitrons Vs Rocky Mt. TURBO

I know these heads are very similar and both companies are known for their sharp blades. I was wondering which head between the two would you choose and why? Does either one have a characteristic that makes them stand out over the other? Thanks for the input.

Andrew
Old 08-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NAP Nitrons Vs Rocky Mt. TURBO

AC,
I think you could flip a coin on those 2 heads.....from what I hear they are both pretty darn equal in every respect including blade sharpness.

I'm going to be using the Turbos this fall but wouldn't hesitate to try the Nitrons either. 2 good quality products.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:30 PM

I shoot nitrons and they fly great, penetrate good and are real tough. But those turbos really got me interested with the offset blade to make your offset on your fletchings. Like matt said just close your eyes and grab one off the rack.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the reply's. Matt long time no talk, I have not had internet access for a while. You still throwing line? Since I finished school and got a real engineering job there is no time.

Andrew
Old 08-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Andrew.......yeah I still fish as much as I can. 3D competition really had me wrapped up this spring but man nothin' will cut into the fishing time like a real job.I do miss my guiding days a bit.

Hey Now that you mention it, I have a really sweet 389-4 Sage LL like new for sale if your interested.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

oooooo... Shoot me an email, I love that rod.

[email protected]

Check out our site some time

www.flyfishjefferson.com

Old 08-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, you two get a room, I agree with Matt. flip a coin, both heads are identical in most every way as far as performance goes.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I actually picked up a pack of the Nitrons down at the local shop. In the limited "testing" I have done with them so far I have no problem recommending them. As for the Turbos...if this crew is endorsing them then I would have no problem trying them either.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Good to see some familiar names still here. Chris, Frank, Matt thanks for the input. I think I will shoot the Nitrons this year because they are easier to come by around these parts, I will have to shoot them first of course. I have been using the Rocky Mountain Titanium and Iron heads for the last 5 years and have been very happy with the results. I am down to only a few of the original ones I bought so I thought I would give these new heads a try this year.

I have my general deer and elk season starting the end of August. Then an elk hunt in Idaho this fall and a Buffalo hunt in Montana in the spring. If these heads perform good on the deer and elkI may use them on the Buffalo hunt, if there is any doubt I will be using the Magnus Stingers. Can't wait.