Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got a New Bowhunting Ride.

Old 08-02-2005, 12:45 PM

Default RE: Got a New Bowhunting Ride.

Awesome ride for sure and very nice place!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Silentassassin, thanks, let's see a pic....I researched the Chevy's...owed 4 previously, researched the Fords and a dealer said if I drove the Titan I won't want anything to do with the Ford, same with the Dodge, still having tranny problems and can't pull what the Titan can....I would have went back to Chevy but didn't like the lines...
I like the lines a lot better on the GMC than I did on the Chevy and I actually went with intentions of buying it but the Chevy they had had all of the same options and it had the fender flares and a couple of other things that I liked better so I went with it. The bug shield covers the lines on the hood and I like it much better with that on. I will try to get a pic posted but it's kind of dirty right now because I just got back from vaction and we stayed at a cabin in the mountains that was back in the sticks plus I live on a gravel road so it's hard to keep it clean which is why I went with the Silver Birch Metallic. It seems to hide the dirt a little better. That's a great looking ride though. I went with Chevy for two reasons. First of all was the employee discount and second is that my dad sells parts wholesale for Chevy so when something goes wrong I get parts for cost and he typically sells to a dealer that is close buy so I get taken care of pretty well and don't get gouged for being from out of town if I am traveling. He works out of memphis so they typically sell to all of the dealers and body shops in a 300-400 miles radius so just about anywhere that I have ever had something go wrong, he either sells to somebody there or one of the guys he works with does. I broke down in Gulfport, MS one time and called dad and about 20 mintues later a wrecker pulled up towed my truck and they gave me a car to drive while it was being fixed. I went back to pay and they said don't worry about it you don't owe us anything. Your dad sent us the parts and we put them in for free so just settle up with your dad when you get home. So it's hard for me to leave the chevy "family". It's not that big a deal while it's under warranty but it will eventually go out of warranty
Old 08-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea the only downside to that ride is that it's too pretty to actually hunt out of.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh Rob, that Nissan Titan is a nice truck. I have been eyein' them up for awhile now. I am very, very jealous.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice truck Rob! But I like your house even more.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice truck Rob! But I like your house even more
Jeremy........you'd like what he has INSIDE the house too!. The view's evenbetter on the inside aint it Rob? The guy has it all now.
(Tell her Matt's comin' for a visit this fall so make up some of that Banana cream pie.[8D])

.......Yeah I think my climber will fit just nicely in the back of that truck.
My 2004 Frontier Crew cab is gonna look puny next to that thing though.
I'm jealous too.......man if it was white I don't think I could even stand to look at the picture.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:29 PM

I want one of those trucks so bad!!!. I live about 30 miles from the plant in Canton that makes them, so I see them constantly. Everytime I see one I start drooling. I am SO jealous.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

Nice truck Rob! But I like your house even more.
Beat me to it!!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

jgunn, thanks, I think I'm going to love this truck as well.

damsa, thanks for the kind words on the truck as well as the house. Oh I'm sure I'll watch for sticks and branches when "near" the woods...lol, hey after all, I live in the woods so it's home there too.

HNIJustin, no decals or stickers on this truck for a while...did you check out my red Dodge on www.decalsplus.com ...too many stickers perhaps, there was more on it then in that pic.... I'm going to start with turkey track pin strips down both sides....

Thanks DC

Washington Hunter, yes they are sweet and man the hp surprises ya when you put the pedal down....wheeww.

Silent, great idea to stay with the Chevy family...always love them.

Frank, if were ever in the same spot...maybe I'll let ya run her....

JeramyK, yup...love the house too.

Matt / PA, just give us a call when your on your way, she'll have the pie chilled and the I'll have the spots picked out, maybe we'll make out like last time, or better.

adear11, I'll give ya a call when I need you to pick something up for me. That's got to be tough, it be like a P&Y walking almost within bow distance and then changing his mind huh? [&:]

mobowhuntr, thanks...all my stress leaves me when I walk through the door at the end of the day.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:41 PM

Awesome truck man. A buddy of mine has one, and I was surprised how well laid out (functionally) the inside is. Nice ride.

Quick Reply: Got a New Bowhunting Ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.