Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

muzzy or thunderhead

Old 08-02-2005, 03:16 AM

Default muzzy or thunderhead

they are both good and inexpensive broaadheads but which one is better?
Old 08-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: muzzy or thunderhead

Either or, its just a mater of preference. I use 125 thunderheads cause I know they work, butmuzzy does too as they would be my next choice.
Bobby
Old 08-02-2005, 03:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I use Thunderheads , nothing against the Muzzys I just like the design of the Thunderhead better .
Old 08-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

I've used both and each has their qualities.

Pros: Thunderheads have a wide cut andare surgically sharp out of the package. Muzzys generally fly better (smaller diameter) and are made to withstand harder hits on bone.
Cons: Thunderheads are a tad heavier than advertised and tend to fly lower than field tips unless the bow is tuned for them. Muzzy's are comparatively duller out of the box than THeads andthe chisel point tends to rust throughout the season.

My personal preference is for Thunderheads only because I've made bad hits on deer with them before, but the blood trail was huge and I was able to recover the deer. I'd say it's a toss-up. The fact that they sit next to each other on the Walmart shelf should make your choice even tougher!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot both and am now using muzzy for the fourth year in a row.Muzzy is not as sharp but is way more durable--fact.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can't go wrong with either. Personally I shoot T-heads. They've held up hitting bone and give me good blood trails. It's a no lose situation between the 2.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:27 AM

Muzzy all the way, I think they're tougher than the T-heads.

I've never had a Muzzy rust yet.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mainehunt

Muzzy all the way, I think they're tougher than the T-heads.

I've never had a Muzzy rust yet.
It doesn't rain in Maine?
Old 08-02-2005, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like muzzys better because of blade retention . The thunderheads are sharp but I dont like the way the blades are held
Old 08-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not familiar with the Muzzys you mentioned, but the T-heads are fine and plenty tough. A few years ago I hit a small buck a bit high and buried one in his spine. It was stuck in all the way to the rear of the blades. It was in fine shape after the hit. The only thing that prevented me from continuing to use it was that the butcher went after it with a pair of pliers instead of a saw, so it got pretty bent.

I'll buy more expensive ones someday when these wear out, but until then, I have no problem trusting the T-heads.

Quick Reply: muzzy or thunderhead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.