Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit Question

Old 07-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Biscuit Question

I'm thinking about putting one of these on my bow. I know the pros, are there any cons? I shoot a Mathews Featherlite and Beeman carbon arrows. Not sure of the measurements offhand, though. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:43 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Question

i can only think of one con.....your taxidermy bill will go up!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your bemans are ICS blacks, your in good shape as they glide quietly over the bristles.
Draw backs? it will cost you 1-3 fps depending on fletching orientation and they will wear vanes faster than other rest. Your arrow is in contact with the rest longer than normal so not torquing the bow or dropping the bow arm is more critical with a capture rest.
The new B2 rest are an upgade from the older all black models.

You said you knew the pro's, there are the cons thatI am aware of.
Oh ya, and one more- myself and one other board member seem to be the only 2 people on this websight who think the biscuit is louder than a conventional rest. I can hear a slap occur with my blazer vanes that doesn't exist with a bare shaft or duravaned arrows.
With that saidI currently have 3 of my 4 bows set up with them. I own two of the popular drop away rest, but have currently returned to the WB- it just makes more sense for hunting with shots under 35 yards.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Typical Buck

I have the WB's on my huntig bows. You will lose a few fps's but you canshake your bow upside down if you want and the arrow can't fall off the rest. The cammo arrows are a little louder on the draw but your rest will soften up the more you shoot it. As the bristles wear in it will quieten down. I use the aluminum disk for my carbons and it is pretty silent from the start.

SF
Old 07-31-2005, 09:06 AM

Over time your fletches will become somewhat wavy and ready to be replaced.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replies. I put one on today and it shoots well. Decent groups. I just have to adjust the site pins as it now shoots a few inches off.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:16 AM

I switched to the WB two years ago and absolutely love it. No worries about the arrow falling off the rest ever...even during mid-draw.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's good because I get the shakes pretty bad when a deer is in bow range. I've had quite a few arrows come off the rest. It was worse when I used aluminums (noise) but the carbons falling off make some noise, too. I can't wait to get it sited in and especially can't wait to get it into the field.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

It is the best rest i've ever used. It does mess up your fletching over time, but that's no big deal. I guess it slows the arrow down as well, but nothing I can notice.
I shoot Beman ICS 400 arrows. I used to shoot the camo hunters and the bristles of the WB would make noise when the camo shaft was drawn through... I just switched to the ICS Hunters... the black ones mentioned above. You don't hear a thing w/ the black finish.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:46 AM

sprintflyer has it right. Simply put the aluminum disc on your rest (with carbons/graphites) and ALL problems will be done away with. We have been doing this for our customers for a couple of years and EVERYONE loves it. No loss in velocity and the "wavy vanes" are all but gone. There is no sense in shooting the carbon biscuit. You don't need 360 degrees of contact. Actually while shooting a carbon through an alloy biscuit you are in essence shooting a "zero affect" rest. Once launched the arrow is gonna ride up slightly and hardly, if ever touch the rest anyway.

GREATEST rest in bow history IMHO,
RA

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.