Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit Question

Old 08-05-2005, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Question

Now that you have the Biscuit on the bow, that choice has been made. I would suggest any future refletching or arrow purchase include either Bohning Blazer vanes, Flex Fletch, or Vanetec vanes. Those will basically eliminate the wavy vane issue, and be very durable. As Dave C. mentioned, I have noticed (for a few years) the "slap" sound made by vanes going through the biscuit. They again, my hearing must be super sensitive, since I am also able to hear the slap or "pop" when my string hits the famous STS device. I have shot a lot of bows recently before settling in on the one main bow, and trying to get a compatible backup. Shot different rests too. Other than my main bow with a drop away, most of the other bows that shot really well had the biscuit rest on them. I don't really see any accuracy loss with them. I used to be less than enthused about the rest, until I learned that it had to be fine tuned to get the best out of it.