Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit Question

Old 08-01-2005, 12:44 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit Question

I never believed in them for a long time but finally broke down and tried the new deluxe model and can say that it is great. I did lose 1 or 2 FPS but no big deal. I switched to Blazer vanes and they are holding up great through this rest. As said before you can turn the bow in any direction and the arrow stays put. I know that most of us dont sit up in a tree turning our bows upside down but I like it for times when you are drawing on a deer or letting down. Especially when using a drop away becauseletting down can be hairy when the nerves are going and youve been holding back for a long time. My accuracy has not been affected in goign from a drop away to the WB. I don't shoot over 40 yards though. I probably would use a drop away for 3D but for hunting the WB is great!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

1, 2 or 3 feet per second is nothing. The arrows are flying in the mid-250s so I've still got plenty and I stay within 25 yards - 30 if I'm desperate.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:38 PM

Now... I am not arguing w/you, I just dont understand.....All that contact w/ the fletch. How could it not be bad? I have no com plaints about my QT3000 love the micro-adjustability. Maybe someday I'll shoot one and decide for myself
Old 08-01-2005, 04:31 PM

i have a whisker biscuit and had good luck with it but it is harder than heck on vanes
Old 08-02-2005, 08:36 PM

I got tired of holding my finger on the arrow while stalking to my stand so I put on one of those flip up style arrow holders. Not without flaws but it does the job.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

I started using the new WB last year. I shoot XX78 Super Slams 2312 with straight vanes. I absolutely love it. At first I had problems with the vanes, but after some adjusting, I have had no problems at all. As of now, it's the best hunting rest I have ever used, and I can't think of any cons.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Typical Buck

i just found out that they r makin a new fletching that does not get worn while using the biscut..PeAcE
Old 08-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Woodman 454

Now... I am not arguing w/you, I just dont understand.....All that contact w/ the fletch. How could it not be bad? I have no com plaints about my QT3000 love the micro-adjustability. Maybe someday I'll shoot one and decide for myself
I will try to answer your "contact" question.

I feel the whole fletching contact issue is way over rated. Why? because if you figure the amount of time the fletchings are in contact with the biscuit you will realize it is only fractions of a second. An arrow going 250fps is traveling at 3,000inches per second. How much time do you think a 30in arrow much less a 3-4in fletching stays in contact with the biscuit?A 30inarrow about 1/100 of a second and a3in fletching about1/1000 of a second.

I say "about" because there is a little time needed for the arrow to get to speed once released and not all of a 30 in arrow starts in the buscuit,but do you see what I mean?

I feel the Whisker Biscuit is the finest hunting rest you can buy today, hands down.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

You'll lose a few fps but it's a good trade. It's tough on feathers but with its' forgiving qualities, you dont need to shoot feathers
Old 08-05-2005, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had it chronied with the new WB. 262 fps out of a Mathews Featherlite that's anbout 8 years old. I would say that the WB isn't hurting my velocity too much. I don't remember what it shot before the WB but I have plenty of oomf for deer hunting under 30 yards.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.