Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trophy Ridge or Montana Black Gold

Old 09-24-2002, 09:20 PM

Default Trophy Ridge or Montana Black Gold

I am looking at getting a new sight after this deer season and was looking at a Flatliner or a Montana Black Gold Super Slam. I have heard some bad thing about the Flatliner with the pin tightening does anyone else have the same problem or any other problems with the sight?????????

Why work when you can hunt???? Heck why work at all!!
Old 09-25-2002, 06:28 AM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge or Montana Black Gold

i have a mbg and love it its sturdy and easy to adjust, the only problem more of a dislike is the pin size, they are huge and cover lots of target up not easy for real presision, but overall the sight is excellant.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

I have the black gold and I love it. I was looking at the flatliner at the same time I got the black gold I found that the in the flatliner that the pins are not bright enough and they disappear when I look at them.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:39 AM

Alot of people on this forum seem to dislike the sights from Trophy Ridge. If I was reading this forum looking for a new sight, I wouldn't buy a Trophy Ridge due to the lack of praise. However, I haven't had any trouble at all with my Flatliner. It's worked perfectly fine for me. I have no trouble with it shifting nor do I have any trouble seeing the pins. If you like the inline design of the Flatliner, HHA has one that people have said good things about.

-Mike

Old 09-25-2002, 08:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have had the Flatliner for about a month or so now and I have had not had any problems with it. In fact, I am somewhat surprised by the simplicity and ruggedness of the sight. I would recommend it at this point.

Old 09-25-2002, 10:28 AM

MBG over Trophy Ridge for hunting.

Old 09-25-2002, 11:28 AM

Man tough question. both are good sights. I have used the MBG sights for a long time & I know some guys using the TR sights and love them.

I just ditched my MBG for a Toxonics Hybrid V and am very happy. I will never use anything else but a Tox now....super quality
Old 09-25-2002, 12:07 PM

I just bought an Extreme Archery Sniper Sight and it's great. Bright pins, very solidly built. Little on the expensive side but you're looking at expensive sights anyway. Just another opinion....