Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone who's used the sumit viper or a stand like it

Old 07-30-2005, 11:15 AM

Default RE: anyone who's used the sumit viper or a stand like it

ordered the stand today, can't wait to get it. I went with the sumit viper x5 and not the viper cause i'm a pretty small person at 5 feet 9 inches 140 lbs. Also natchezss had the stand on sale for $199.00, hard to pass up when everywhere else they are $140. thanks for all the help guys.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Just got mine in today. Really clever way of setting up the backpack straps. The best thing about this stand is how light it is, while still being very stable once you're in the air. I'm not sure how much I like the RapdClimb Stirrups yet, but I think they will grow on me. Does anyone fold their Viper up differently to where the seat portion is notbottom but rather on the top? The way they have me doing it, I have to remove the cord that connects the to during backpacking and then put it back on before I climb. Kind of annoying.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TURKEY FAN
Customer service is awesome as well WillWoller, is a terrific guy and he will take care of all your needs, great company. Thats all i own in my deer stands is summit.
Same here... The Woller family is on this board (incogneto of course), and have read all of the posts about Summit stands. How do I know? Honest....guys.... I got an email a while back from Will Woller himself, thanking me for the posts I have done in support of Summit stands. And in appreciation, he asked for my name and address and then sent me a free Summit camo hat! [8D] That speaks VOLUMES about the quality of their customer service and reputation as a great company!

Butch A.

P.S. QThompkins, congrats on the Summit Viper X5! You will really enjoy it... The Goliath is the model I think you were referring to about not getting. That is a bigger version of the Viper.

P.P.S. Illini Sportsman... I'm not sure. I've always tucked the seat cushion through the bars, down through the other platform, like the DVD/Video showed. I think that might be the only way it can go together nicely and as compact as it does.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You made a wise decision on the Summit. It will serve you well for years to come.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:52 PM

I bought the Summit Viper XLS, and I love it. Although their stands are rock solid, I probably would not go up in them, (or any other stand for that matter), without the front bar. The front bar does not get in my way while hunting. I really do not know why they keep making new stands. I don't think they can make a perfect product better.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

Does everyone else have to constantly remove and then reinstall their rope that keeps the two sections connected as they backpack and climb with their Viper? I can't find a way to set the stand up for travel and keep the rope attached in the way they suggest in the instructions. I have to take it off and then put it back on when I get ready to climb. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-31-2005, 02:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Illini_Sportsman

Does everyone else have to constantly remove and then reinstall their rope that keeps the two sections connected as they backpack and climb with their Viper? I can't find a way to set the stand up for travel and keep the rope attached in the way they suggest in the instructions. I have to take it off and then put it back on when I get ready to climb. Am I doing something wrong?
You are doing something wrong. I can't explain how without showing you, but maybe someone else can. Or go to a proshop and ask if they can show you.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:27 PM

I have the bullet packer. Good stand. I hunt 5000 public acres in jersey and sometimes need to walk long distances to a good tree. With this stand it really packs down flat. Yes it is a moving part and does take 30 seconds to screw a knob. but once it is together it is steady and quiet. However, I think the stand is rated at 300 lbs, and I am about 210, with gear and all 250??? and I noticed a bend in the frame of the stand. I called summit and they sent a new stand in the mail right away. NO questions asked. I liked that and I have had no problem since.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:34 PM

Good choice- go with the Summit as stated earlier- Any of them. I picked up the Bushmaster and am very happy. Yes, the Woller family is great and provide good customer service to go along with a great product.
This is my first climber and I am happy I made the Summit choice. Hunt Hard
Old 08-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I won't be getting any hats

Quick Reply: anyone who's used the sumit viper or a stand like it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.