Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow accessories

Old 07-27-2005, 08:20 PM

Default bow accessories

well... after talking with my dad, and going to gander mountain. i have decided to not buy a crossbow. my dad then told me that i could shoot his old bow (which is a jennings). at first i was kinda unsure of the idea, but figure i'd rather hunt with that than not hunt at all and sit on the couch or go to school. it hasa quiver and string silencers, but we are going to replace the string. so i was just wondering if any of you could help me to set it up withthe accessories that i would need, without spending a ton of money. thanks in advance
Old 07-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow accessories

Are you sure the Draw length is right for you? Tru GLo Makes some good cheap sites. The TM Hunter rest is pretty good if you want a prong style rest. but the whisker bisquit is my favorite.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:57 PM

Default RE: bow accessories

Are you sure the Draw length is right for you? Tru GLo Makes some good cheap sites. The TM Hunter rest is pretty good if you want a prong style rest. but the whisker bisquit is my favorite
I agree 100%. First, make sure the draw length ir right for you. And I would look into Tru Glo sights and either a prong rest or WB. Good luck.