Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PICKUP NEW BOW TOMORROW

Old 07-25-2005, 10:40 PM

Default PICKUP NEW BOW TOMORROW

Well I decided on a Tomkat by Bowtech from the proshop and I pick it up tomorrow. I spent around three hours hangin out at the shop on Saturday discusing and shooting a Parker Buckhunter and the Tomkat. I had originally decided on the Parker cause it was 200.00 dollars cheaper and I figured I'd be upgrading in a year or so anyway. Luckily I waited so long to make my decision he was closing up shop and said I'd have to come back Tuesday afternoonto pick it up. Well, after I left I started thinking and decided to do some creative financing and pay a little over half in cash and the rest on the credit card and go for the Tomkat, after all the research here and a few other places I feel it's definently a better bow and worth extra 200 bucks, especially if it keeps me from having to upgrade for a few years. I called and left a message on the machine and told him to setup the Bowtech and I'd see him Tuesday after work! Thanks to all for your advise, no doubt I'll be needing more as time goes on!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PICKUP NEW BOW TOMORROW

Congratulations on the new bow. The Tomkat is an excellent choice and one often overlooked as part of the Bowtech lineup.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats. Have fun and good luck with it...
Old 07-26-2005, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!!!!! I love my new Mighty Mite!!
Old 07-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

My hunting buddy has one and it really shoots great for the price. Very little noise and hand shock for the price. I shot it a few times and thought it was a great hunting setup. Congrats
Old 07-26-2005, 09:24 AM

Hey tell me how it shoots I'm getting my TomKaton Friday!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

My dealer is both a mathews and bowtech dealer and pushes the mathews. Funny thing is with all the latest and greatest bowtechs on the wall he point's to the Tomcat and says "that's one suprisingly nice shooting bow righ there". It's the first and only thing I've ever heard him say about a bowtech while in his shop. (not that he bags on them, he just never mentions them)

Congrats on the new bow, I have a feeling that if more people would dhoot that buy while shopping, more would leave with it.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:27 PM

I purchased my Tomkat in Feb 05. I have fired more than 500 arrows with no problems. I put on a set of Impact archery sights,Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest and a Bohning quiver along with a Sims S coil and limb dampners. Mine is shooting about 250 with 65lb 400 gross grain arrows.

My Cousin just purchased on two weeks ago and he could'nt hit a BARN before. First day he shot it bang,bang,bang all in the target. He might actually hit that Booner we been seeing now.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:16 PM

I shoot a Bowtech Stalker which I believe the Tomkat replaced. It's been a great shooter for the two years I've owned it. Its deadly quiet and is forgiving shooter with the high brace height. You'll be more than happy with it.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:18 PM

Congratulations Metro!! Good luck and happy hunting. BTW, is this your first bow?

Quick Reply: PICKUP NEW BOW TOMORROW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.