Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need help in reducing my bow torque

Old 07-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: need help in reducing my bow torque

Here is a visual of what David was talking about.

This is about a torque free grip as your gonna get and is very repeatable.

what type of grip would your recomend as a replacement
I would try taking the grip off and shooting off the riser first to see how that goes.

Or you could get a set of Johnson grips and put on Scott custom makes his grips to what the customer wants and IMHO they are works of art.
Here are a couple of pics of theside plates he made for my Old Glory.

You can see more info for the grips here www.johnsongrips.com/ and you can get a hold of Scott here www.outdoorproshops.com/
Old 07-24-2005, 11:45 AM

mobowhuntr no sir i have never used a bow sling, never had the need for one, but guess im gonna have to start using one.
aussie thanks for the photos, no i havent tried that way but that is the first thing im gonna try on my next shooting episode. looks like it will take some getting used to, but i shall prevail against thing torquing,
thanks all for all your input gonna give it a good hard while on my next shoot.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah polkat i would definately try the wrist strap. i had the same problem a little while back and decided to try a wrist strap and i shot some yesterday and could tell a ton of difference. if that's where your problem is it will definately help some.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like you got enough to get started with. Give the bare riser and shooting from the thumbpad a few days. The Sims wrap I'm talking about is just some strectch rubber you buy in a pack. You just wrap it around the grip in an overlapping layers and then tuck under itself to hold it there. It's simple, comfortable and keeps the hands warmer on those cold fall and winter days.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The NO-PEEP will help to show you if you're not lined up correctly.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot my bow with a large bend in my elbow to help aviod string slap. In Michigan, I start the season in light pants and a shirt, but end the season in Arctic gear. With my elbow at such an angle, it always creates torque at my wrist. This is amplified by any glove I wear as the weather gets colder. I bought new sights this (Dusk Devil Hunter) year, purposely because they show when your wrist is torqued. Other sights, even with the sight level, did not show when the bow was torqued. When I shoot, I close on eye and keep that pin cntered even after the arrow has hit the target. This stops me from pulling my head away from the bow to watch the arrow and increasing the torque on my wrist & therefore eratic arrow flight. What sight are youusing? Also, are you getting this flight with fielpoints? The new sights andconcentrating on the follow through cured mine.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:08 PM

Ditto on the NO-PEEP virtually elimates torque