Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

string leach trouble???

Old 07-22-2005, 08:43 PM

Default string leach trouble???

I have a 04Hoyt Magnatec with the older slyle string leaches. I noticed the other day when i was shooting that my bottom string leach had one of the arms broken off, i didnt think to much about it because i'm getting the newer ones soon. anyway i was shooting today and noticed my string was alot louder than normal and i seen that my top leach had an arm missing. my question is: with one arm on each leach missing affect my string noise that much or do i have some other problem i need to look for??
Old 07-23-2005, 07:55 AM

Default RE: string leach trouble???

Hm. Good question. I would say the leaches broken will add to the noise. Less area to absorb vibration. Besides, if they were engineered with the arms, they must be needed. I don't shoot with the leaches for that very reason. I kept having to replace them like every 2 or 300 shots.
But, just to be safe, if you are concerned it might be something else, check the bow over.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:48 AM
Dominant Buck

YUP, it'll sure make a difference. If you're still shooting the OLD style leeches you're way past due for a change. I change strings a couple times a year and change the leeches at the time. The new leeches are indistructable. I remember the first time I lost a leech. I instantly heard the change. My shooting form went straight in the tube. Just the change in sound through me off kilter. I had to just quit practicing as I was spraying them waiting for the dang noise. Buy some new ones and get on with life as it should be.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:04 PM

Exact thing has happened to me and it sure will make a difference in regards to string noise. I have since replaced my string leeches and have noticed a big difference in vibration and noise. Just get new ones and no worries.