Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who shoots a stablizer?

Old 07-22-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Who shoots a stablizer?

I'm a little un-steadyness in my shoots and wonder if a stablizer would help. suggestions on what to do? I don't get awhole lot of time to practice, just got my bow out last night since last season.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:56 AM

Default RE: Who shoots a stablizer?

If you find a stabilizer to balance your bow correctly, it should definately help you shoot better. Also it will be a little more quiet wich is never a bad thing come hunting season.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes you need one. Depends on your bow as to how long and what style you will need. My switchback I can get away with a 6 inch doinker.On my Diamond I use a 10 inch.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shoot one on my bow and i can definately tell a difference in my shooting with and without a stabilizer. but it can depend on how you shoot and such.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:59 PM

I don't shoot a stablizer, I shoot at a target, but I do have one on my bow..... Ha Ha....bad joke, I know.
Yes, one will most likely improve your shakiness to some degree, they will also absorb vibration, making the bow quieter, and also help with the bow "jumping" out of your hand at the shot.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a Sims Modular Stabilizer on my recurve , and it does seem to help with vibration and shock . Shooting is more comfortable .
Old 07-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

It definitely cannot hurt and probably will help with a steadier aim. Head to a reputable pro shop that has a good selection of stabilizers that they will let you try. That is probably the only way to trully find something that will work with your setup.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:16 PM

Okay, let me stem out on this topic for a moment. I have only shot with a couple different stabilizers over the years. Due to little comparison, what should my criteria be for the type and size of the stabilizer other than how it effects the feel of the bow while I am shooting? This is just a question I am hoping someone may have some useful information on. Thanks guys.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, every bow rig should be equipped with a stabilizer. You WILL shoot better with one.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, I shoot one and so does everyone I know and 99.99 percent of everyone I've ever known. Doesn't have to be much, just something to balance the bow. My present bow I just have a Sims Enhancer screwed into the bow with a real short 2 inch solid stabilizer screwed into it. Works great.

Ill Corn Fed: That's a heck of a stabilizer on this bow of yours.[8D] Somehow I don't see it doing much to slow down vibrations.[&:]

Quick Reply: Who shoots a stablizer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.