Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Choosing a Hang-on Treestand

Old 07-20-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Choosing a Hang-on Treestand

What does everyone look for in a Hang-on treestand. Is it size, comfort, ease of a hanging, price, stability,..etc? I know different people have different hunting situations and would like to get a feel for all situations. Thanks for any input!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Choosing a Hang-on Treestand

All of the above.

I will say if you hunt in extreme weather to go with steel as it seems to be quieter than aluminum. imo
Old 07-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stability, quietness, comfort, easy to hang, and price. In that order.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it depends on where you hunt. In CA where i am at, you won't sit in a tree all day like you do back east. So for me price first, i am not a rich guy so the cheaper the better. I also look for comfort and easy hanging. I found a decent stand the other day for 39.99. great deal. at wingsupply.com. but if i was going to sit in a stand for more then 4 hours, i would have to say comfort first. the last thing you want is something uncomfortable and you moving around a lot in the stand.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:18 AM

well the seat has to be comfortable, or it is just not worth it. then i look for the size of the platform, my biggest stand is 30x27. quite and easy to hang. its a gorilla king kong.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 AM

I used to base my decision by what was on clearance at the time. But I've learned that you can't beat a large comfortable seat.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

In many cases I believe it depends on how you use it. I never leave a stand in the woods...even a hang-on. They always go in with me when I go to hunt and come out when I leave. In my case, lightweight and a quiet setup are a must which is usually why I look for hang-ons that weigh under 10 pounds and utilize a strap instead of a chain.

On the other hand if you are the type to leave it up for the season then I would look for a chain-on model that you can lock up with a relatively large cushion seat and a wide platform.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:46 PM

PA, what type of strap do you use? All the strap on ones I have are a pain to hang. I never can get the strap type enough, unless it's a ratchet strap. I have the straps that just snap shut. I think the chain on ones are easier the hang. I just find the closest link I can then pull the base out and let it drop into place.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you want a truely comfortable hang on stand look at this one.

http://www.huntingsolutionsusa.com/products/millennium.php

I use to look at price first but have since learned that tree stands are usually cheap for a reason. Comfort is my main concern.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:14 PM

Your answer - Gorilla stands . $55 , extremely quiet , easy to hang , solid , light , dependable . They are as comfortable as any out there . FWIW

Quick Reply: Choosing a Hang-on Treestand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.