Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me in selecting the right Crossbow

Old 07-21-2005, 07:43 AM

Default RE: Help me in selecting the right Crossbow

At least everyone knows who I am, where I reside, andone of theprofessions I practice. You, as is the case many times on these forums by those most critical, choose to be anonymous. I will respond this one more time about your rantings and then allow you to get that last shot in. I find that manypeople like you, who hide behind anonymity, have a lot of freetime on their hands.

Criticize: To analize and judge as a critic, to find fault.
My 'dictionary' has this definition:1 : to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly :
EVALUATE And, like I stated previously,I read the original posts, evaluated them, judged that "Some of the information you're getting here is also very erroneous." , and reported my findings in an effort towarn the original poster. And yes, I was being critical, but not to the level that seems to alarm you. If you evaluate most of the posts, they're just as critical but phrased differently. When the criticizm doesn't meet your needs/criteria, you seem to get very upset. Sorry.

Because that's what Dr. Death was asking. He wanted help in selecting the right crossbow. If you didn't intend to try and help as best you could then why respond at all?
The title of this thread is "Help me in selecting the right Crossbow". Your method of help seems to be totally adverse to my method and you're mad at me. Telling someonethat they canseek professional help and what they should look for from that professional is a direct way of helping. To think not is foolish.

Therest of therantings by you are covered inmy above statement. You seem to stuttering on that subject.

Your sarcastic remark about me not giving my customers all the answers again tells me a lot about you. By not giving my customers all the answers, I let them formulate their own opinions based on facts. This way they become far more educated about their likes/dislikes. They understand the root of the cause/effect nature of things and can deal with other things better. To do otherwise would not be fair to them. The basis of good education, IMPO, is not to provide allmy answers/opinions, but to provide the means to achieve a higher level of understanding so thatthe answers can be developed by the individual.

Have a nice day and along and fruitful life.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Site Bouncer

At least everyone knows who I am, where I reside, andone of theprofessions I practice. You, as is the case many times on these forums by those most critical, choose to be anonymous. I will respond this one more time about your rantings and then allow you to get that last shot in. I find that manypeople like you, who hide behind anonymity, have a lot of freetime on their hands.
That is a laugh, just because I don't post anything in my profile I'm beinganonymous?All youneed to do is readsome of myposts. I have given a lot of information out.Hell I even posted a picture of me and my family!! Look at the post "A face to gowith the name"You can find it, it hasn't been that long ago. You think because you post your name and hometown it gives you some kinda "Higher Ground"? Personally I think it's just a "plug" for your shop. So spare me the "Everyone knows me and I'm high and mighty" B.S. because that's what I'm reading.

Therest of therantings by you are covered inmy above statement. You seem to stuttering on that subject.
I'm not stuttering on anything! It's YOU who has yet to answer the question why, knowing there was "erroneous" information given would not even have the common decency to tell Dr. Death what it was? No instead you spew this B.S. about subjuctive vs objective and then act like your Mr. know-it-all and point out there was missinformation given......but won't say what it was.All you could give out was "find a GOOD pro shop". Great, hey thanks for the tip....whatkind of business doyou own again....oh that's right a pro shop.....go figure.What, afraid people may just get the information they seek here and won't need the "pro" shop anymore? You trying to "save" proshops across the country or just yours?

Your sarcastic remark about me not giving my customers all the answers again tells me a lot about you.
You have absolutely no CLUE about me or who I am.

When I go to seek information from a "so called" professional I expect to get ALL the information that person has INCLUDING all of their personal opinions and personal answers to my questions. After all that's WHY I went there in the first place, for personal information and answers. If not I can get all theother information on the web! It is only then will I be properly prepared to make MY decesion.

I can't for the life of me understand how you can tell someone that the information he is getting it wrong and yet not TRY to correct it. Like I said, you would have been better off not replying at all.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

When I go to seek information from a "so called" professional I expect to get ALL the information that person has INCLUDING all of their personal opinions and personal answers to my questions. After all that's WHY I went there in the first place, for personal information and answers. If not I can get all the other information on the web! It is only then will I be properly prepared to make MY decesion.
I often ask questions I already know the answer to. If I don't get the right one, one that should be known by the shop, they lose a lot with me. It is disappointing to say the least and one of the sad reasons I find myself doing almost everything.

In my line of work though, I am fortunate in that I deal with 2 business's that are top notch. One has woman that has got to be the best in the country and she just hired a guy from another place that is just as dedicated. The other is a benefit to not only myself but the people I work for and the community as well. I have 10 fingers and only 2 of them are needed to count the # of places that make my life easier. My family and friends excluded.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:24 AM

Bumpin this back up to the top.

Howdy fellas

JLowe here.
Ya'lle feel free ta post up more personal thoughts on the x bows.

I've already ordered one - Barnett Revolution
But I'de still like ta hear ya'lls experience.

As for the pissin match -I skipped over them posts

To me first person testimonials are better than most "expert" advice anyhow.

I don't care about the "nuances" - just wether or not the dang thing works as advertised.

I don't know a thing about x bows but I'm fixin ta find out.

Sounds like a rope cocker is somethin I'lle want to get.

How about quivers ?

Any suggestions on bolts & broadheads for the Revolution ?

Thanks ahead a time.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

So anyway , I shot a 10pt crossbow once and walked away impressed as hell.

I also shot my father in laws Barnett and wasn't impressed at all.

Thats my 2 pennies
Old 07-27-2005, 02:16 PM

I don't want this to sound too harsh, but, .....

why don't you try a crossbow forum like excaliburcrossbows,com? I'm sure they will give you better information than you can find here.

This is a bowhunting forum ....
Old 07-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: thesource

I don't want this to sound too harsh, but, .....

why don't you try a crossbow forum like excaliburcrossbows,com? I'm sure they will give you better information than you can find here.

This is a bowhunting forum ....
Because there aremanycrossBOW hunters here as well......
Old 07-27-2005, 09:51 PM

Dang Doc, what did you start? LOL

I agree whole heartedly with Len on this matter.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:20 PM

man, you are all nuts[&:][8D][:-] I'm glad I trading my bow in for a muzzleloader nice ppl down there

PS DoctorDeath: Nice picture and story in big buck magazine
Old 07-28-2005, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you guys for all the info AND I do appreciate it.... now come on lets all kiss and make up ... we are a brotherhood of hunters here and no since in bickering over something like this ...save the bickering for the old lady during hunting season.

DD

Quick Reply: Help me in selecting the right Crossbow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.