Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quick spin and drop aways. Any problems?

Old 07-17-2005, 09:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Quick spin and drop aways. Any problems?

I have fletched up 6 arrows with quick spins for each one of my bows to see how they shot. They Shot ok through a fixed rest but when I try them with a drop away they make contact. The only way I could get them to fly with out making contact was to raise my knocking point extreamly high. With a Muzzy zero effect, I had to raise my knocking point up to 3/8sof an inch..And even higher with my Quick tune 4000.When I set my drop aways to flynormal with feathers or regular vanes, and paper tune them to tearslight high, I still get lots of contact with quick spins. I have also noticed that they are not very durable. They make the slightest contact and they wrinkleup badly.

Has anyone elsenoticed this, or is it just me.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:16 AM

Default RE: Quick spin and drop aways. Any problems?

Im shooting quickspins though a drop zone on my switchback with 0 problems... I have heard of people that shoot 300+ fps having problems with some drop aways not dropping fast enough. YMMV
Chris
Old 07-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Interesting Niner. Im pushing the 290s so that might be my problem. The only thing that has me stumped is that all other types of fleatching clears with no problem. Im just going to use regular helical vanes/feathers and call it good. I have no problem with accuracy so I see no need in switching to quick spins. Just have to try out all of the new toys.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:29 PM

Is the timing of the rest ok? What I mean is, does it come up too soon, and not drop away soon enough?
Old 07-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Mobowhuntr
I believe it is ok. I have it peaking just as I hit my valley. I also checked the clearance when the rest is at the bottom, and it is plenty of room for clean clearance. Im puzzled why this only happens with quick spins and nothing else.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:48 AM

Yeah. Wow. Uh....that is kinda strange. I have no experience with the quick spins. Are they taller than most fletching? If you shoot cock vane down, try shooting cock vane up, see if that makes any difference. Other than that, I am stumped.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

They look a tad bit bigger than regular vanes, but not enough to cause a problem. There is still plenty of cleance when the rest falls. Ive also tried cock feather up, it just messes up the hin feathers. Im going to play with it a little more tonight and see. If I cant figure it out, im not going to worry. Ill just shoot regular vanes.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:35 PM

You done the old lipstick trick? To make absolutely certain it is hitting the rest and not perhaps the cable? That just sounds really strange. Keep me posted on what you find out, I am quite curious....

edit: Because by golly, if you want to shoot Quick Spins you should be able to.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:30 PM

Im shooting 292fps with mine and no hitting, though I am using the 2.25" quickspins for 3D shooting. Im not sure if the full size (4in?) quickspins would be different. Good Luck!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Niner, Im using the long ones for hunting.

I have spent this week shooting them with one of my bows and have come to the conclusion they are not quite what I want. They seem louder than other fleatching and they slow down the arrows at long distances. I noticed a drop in my arrows from 35 yards out. I am not impressed with there durability either. They seemed to booger up real easy.

Ont the up side, they did spin the arrows well and caused them to have a better flight. I just personally dont thinkNap isfinished developing them yet. Great idea, just needs some bugs worked out.

Quick Reply: Quick spin and drop aways. Any problems?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.