Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

picking a new pse bow

Old 07-13-2005, 03:14 PM

Default picking a new pse bow

Since I had my bow stolen, I am looking at three different pse bows. The primos, the vengence, and the browning illusion. Would love to hear different opinions on any of these bows.
thanks,Barry
Old 07-13-2005, 03:36 PM

Default RE: picking a new pse bow

herd the vengence was really good
Old 07-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

my dad loves the primos. i shot it and it did seem pretty nice, quiet too.

Old 07-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually just bought the Vengeance Tuesday night. It should get here Saturday. I will tell you what I think of it.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 AM

I shoot a Firestorm lite and love it. I've contemplated a second bow and the primos is my second choice. It's nice and smooth and planty fast with a respectable price tag, a little on the high end but still manageable IMO>
Old 07-14-2005, 11:12 AM

With the vengeance and illusion on your list, I suspect that money is not an object. If you're budget minded, go with the Primos..............SWEET for the money, probably the most underrated bow in its price range.

Out of the vengeance and the illusion..................Wow thats a tough one..............If you want a single cam go with the illusion all day long over the vengeance single cam configuration. Now the vengeance with the NRG hybrid cams.........man I would have to just toss a quarter between it and the illusion. To tough to call. I'm glad I'm not in the market for a new bow right now.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just this past winter I was in the market for a new bow. I tested out every single PSE bowI could find because they were my first choice company. Out of all the bows I shot, my favorites were the Scorpion, Venom, and Vengeance. As you can see from my signature, the Vengeance won out. This bow is extremly fast, smooth and quite. Not to mention it is very compact and all around a great bow. I would highly recommend this bow, but also check out the Scorpion and Venom. The only reason I didn't pick them was do to the fact that they were solo cams and I got the Vengeance in theNRG Hybrid Cams.Definitally check out thesebows,shoot them, and see which onesuits you best. Youcan't go wrong. Feel free to PM me with any more questions on it, I'd be glad to help you out.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

I bought the Scorpion last year after testing Bowtec and Mathpukes. And I love it fast smooth easy to holdI shoot 70lbs its great I shot an elk, turkey andthree deer last year with it .The only thing is I wish they where out with the Vengeance then so I could of tried it too. Good luck your on the right path

[/align]