Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archers Mitt

Old 07-12-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Archers Mitt

Cabelas use to sell something called the archers mitt for bow hunting in cold weather. it was a big mitt that fit over your hand and release witha small hole for your release to fit out of. They stopped selling them and iwas wondering if anybody knew where i could get one?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:36 PM

Default RE: Archers Mitt

You know, clothing companys have been making a product similar to this for years. It's called a pocket. Generally they're found on the sides of your jacket and more often than not the sides of your pants too!

I can't see spending extra money on a mitt that fits over my release when I can just stick the whole hand in my pocket with a couple of Hot Hands pads in there. Nice and toasty.

Aside from that fact, wouldn't a mitt like that prevent you from anchoring properly?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

You know, clothing companys have been making a product similar to this for years. It's called a pocket. Generally they're found on the sides of your jacket and more often than not the sides of your pants too!
ROTFLMAO
Old 07-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't see spending extra money on a mitt that fits over my release when I can just stick the whole hand in my pocket with a couple of Hot Hands pads in there. Nice and toasty.
Well I guess it's a good thing for both of yall that you don't have to shoot for him but then again it didn't appear that he was asking you to. Didn't really look like he was asking for your opinion of his use of a mitt either but rather whether or not you knew were to get one. For the life of me I don't understand why someone would want bust out a smart *** comment to someone that was just asking a question[:'(]

Marine,

I am sorry but I don't know where to get one. Maybe someone else will know.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

Well I guess it's a good thing for both of yall that you don't have to shoot for him but then again it didn't appear that he was asking you to. Didn't really look like he was asking for your opinion of his use of a mitt either but rather whether or not you knew were to get one. For the life of me I don't understand why someone would want bust out a smart *** comment to someone that was just asking a question[:'(]

Marine,

I am sorry but I don't know where to get one. Maybe someone else will know.
Perhaps next time I post something along those lines I'll add the fact that irt was a joke, Silent. Along with the joke I added a little advice, an alternative to the use of the mitt he is looking for. You can put your hand in your pocket with a couple of Hot Hands pads and it'll be just as warm. I've never been busted by a deer moving my hand out of my pocket to the bow string.

Hopefully Marine, you've got a better sense of humor than Silent does. The mitt you're looking for for all I know is now a discontinued item. I looked into it a couple seasons ago before I actually started hunting with a bow, getting things prepared for last season when I finally did start. All the reviews I recieved were poor and I didn't look into it further. You would be better off doing what I said and just using your pockets. They're always there and unless you forget your jacket or pants, you won't forget the pockets. (That was another joke Silent, in case you somehow missed the sarcasm.)

*Edit* Something I just thought of - If you're dead set on using something like the mitt, you could always take a pair of gloves with the little mitt flap that you can cover your fingers with and cut a slit big enough to fit the head of your release through. You would sew the edges of it up so that the stuffing wouldn't come out, but it would be the same concept.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:19 PM

MarineStud, I'd check eBay if I were you. I know I've seen those things on there before.

Old 07-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well this is the internet and we have no way of knowing that you are kidding unless you tell us. That's why wehave emoticons to convey these things. Therefore, when you don't use them in accordance with a post where you come off as a smart*** we can only assume you are being a smart *** because that is certainly how you came off
Old 07-12-2005, 03:43 PM

Well Silent I'll just post like this from now on because most of my posts will have some sort of smart*** comment in them somewhere!

I actually thought I had clicked on the smiley after the joke in my initial post but I guess I clicked next to it.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bet you could even mak your own. Cut a hole and sew the edges. Don,t worry about Washington Hunter, he has some issues to deal with. I think he has some growing up to do!! He He
Old 07-12-2005, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I bet you could even mak your own. Cut a hole and sew the edges. Don,t worry about Washington Hunter, he has some issues to deal with. I think he has some growing up to do!! He He

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.