Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do any of you have this Summit stand?

Old 07-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Do any of you have this Summit stand?

I am thinking about picking one of these up it's the Copperhead X5. Do any of you have it and if so how do you like it? Is it as easy to setup as it appears? You know if it's to good to be true than it must not be
Old 07-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do any of you have this Summit stand?

I would be interested in hearing about it too.I would love to get another Chippewa wedgeloc,but they are so darned expensive.I have been eyeing this stand that you have posted too.How much is it?
Old 07-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

How much is it?
$140
Old 07-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't have one myself but the local shop sells them quite regularly. One of my wife's cousins also just bought one for her husband for father's day. They are very easy to use and quiet once set up. If I needed another hang-on stand I would definitely give the Copperhead a hard look.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Headhunter Lite which ues the same system to hang the stand. Very quick, easy and very stable.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have the new version, but the older one and it's a great stand. Quiet stable and comfortable
Old 07-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

How much is it?
$140
I can't understand the prices they are putting on lock on's. For that cost you could almost hang a climber and be really comfortable.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't understand the prices they are putting on lock on's. For that cost you could almost hang a climber and be really comfortable.
I know my cobra xls is the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in. I have even thought recently about making a half dozen or so platforms and chaining them to some trees and just take the top portion of my climber with me to sit on.

I am just tired of uncomfortable lock on stands. It's worth the extra money to me to have the all day comfort.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buckeye,
I just picked one up last week, will be sure to post my thoughts on it after I play with it a bit.
I need an excuse to try out the new SOP Supreme harness I got as well so I will kill 2 birds at one time playing with the Copperhead X5 also.

I have it assembled, and if it's as stable in the tree as it is comfortable and light it's going to be a treat.
I like big hang on stands, but 20+lb stands at 22ft on a lineman's belt are not a lot of fun.
The Copperhead X5 looks like it will be a pleasure to use.

I am going to go through all the motions with it, climb to hunting height and see how it does.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:12 AM

A buddy of mine has that stand, and I've been the unlucky guy to have to hang it on our annual deer trip. I am not a huge fan of the mechanism that holds it to the tree, but it is an improvement over the previous version that used cables and plate and then you attached the plate to the stand. Also, with the seat that folds flat with another moving arm that swings out to stretch out the pad, well it makes to much noise when your trying to hang the stand as it always opens just as you about have it right where you want it. It is light which is nice, and pretty comfortable.... but for the money and factoring ease of hanging plus comfort I'd buy 3 cheap gorilla's or something similar for that money and rotate between the 3 stands.

Not knocking Summit as I love and hunt from their climbers, just think they over complicated this stand resulting in to noisy of stand while hanging. If you pack in and out each day you may consider it, but to be honest.. the Lone Wolf hanger would be a better stand for that type of hunting in my opinion.