Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good, Bad, Ugly of Blazer vanes

Old 07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Good, Bad, Ugly of Blazer vanes

The only thing I found about them with fixed blade broadheads is they limit you to using smaller diameter heads, less than 1 1/8". But, since that's what most guys use anyway...
Old 07-01-2005, 08:01 PM

I am in the process af trying them out. I here great things about them
Old 07-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: driftrider

What adavntage do they have or regular 4"vanes?Just courios.
Lighter, quieter, stiffer and tougher.

Mike

Thing is, I feel that my regular vanes are stiff enough,tough enough,weight not an issue,and I don't hear them either.Also I wouldn't want to have to use a smaller diameter broadhead either.I haven't had any problems with broadhead flight using my regular vanes either.I have thought about messing around with the quick spins just for grins.They are probably a gimmic too.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

The only thing I found about them with fixed blade broadheads is they limit you to using smaller diameter heads, less than 1 1/8". But, since that's what most guys use anyway...
So, my 1-3/16 inch muzzy 3 blades are too big? I find it hard to believe that a vane designed for fixed blade broadheads would be so limiting as to not work with some of the most popular broadheads around.... I guess I'll throw some practice blades on Sunday after I mess around on the 3D course and see what happens.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, my 1-3/16 inch muzzy 3 blades are too big?
Not if everythings tuned properly.My Muzzys fly like darts with my Blazers. He may be refering to the much bigger heads (more than 1/16th" difference) , and I dont know personally because I've never tried anything bigger thanmy muzzys. I feel confident I could get great flight from a 1 1/4" head but anything bigger than that I wouldn't be looking at anyhow.

You know , they should give you a 5 minute grace period on editing a post for spelling errors before it says "message edited by.." and making youlook like a tard!
Old 07-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

He may be refering to the much bigger heads (more than 1/16th" difference)...
I didn't have any 1 3/16"dia broadheads to try when I was testing the Blazers, but arrow flight with1 1/2" Magnus heads got pretty squirrely.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

He may be refering to the much bigger heads (more than 1/16th" difference)...
I didn't have any 1 3/16"dia broadheads to try when I was testing the Blazers, but arrow flight with1 1/2" Magnus heads got pretty squirrely.
I wouldn't doubt that a bit! Heads that big I'd save for a nice heavy slow moving shaft from my recurve.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:28 AM

I am using the BlaZer vane and have nuttin bad to say about them , They fly awsome ....
Old 07-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't doubt that a bit! Heads that big I'd save for a nice heavy slow moving shaft from my recurve.
Yep. They fly great with 5 1/2" magnum 'nanner cut feather fletch.

Heck, I knew I was pushing the envelope trying those big heads with itty bitty vanes, but had to try it. Anyway, all I am saying about the testing I did with Blazers is that my best results came with broadheads that were 1 1/8" dia or less. Arrow flight and accuracy were unacceptable with broadheads that were 1 1/4" and up.

Can somebody get the bigger heads to fly with Blazers? It's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe somebody else wouldn't quite as picky about arrow flight and accuracy as I am. I'm comfortable saying they do okay for heads 1 1/8" dia or less, or mechs of course, because that's where I hit the limit in my testing.

One very important point to remember... The results I got were obtained with me standing on a shooting lane in perfect shooting conditions, not sitting in a treestand on a windy day.[&:]

Old 07-02-2005, 07:09 AM

I love the Blazers, haven't found one negative thing about them yet. I went through my bow tackle box a few weeks ago and shot every broadhead I had in there. Really old stuff that I just can't get myself to throw out like, old Bear razorheads, the original Wasp 3 blade that I killed my first deer with in 1983, the first Satalite head etc......all of them flew with my field points at 20 yards.

Even the 1 1/2" ones.

Kev

Quick Reply: Good, Bad, Ugly of Blazer vanes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.