Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Out Of Stater's

Old 06-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Spike

Default RE: Out Of Stater's

I am all for it. I have several out-of -state friends and family that I haveasked to hunt here in kentucky. As a result, i have had teh opportunity to watch my father kill his first deer, best friend's sonkill his first turkey and my brother - in - law kill his two biggest deer and first three turkeys. The licnse fees help reduce teh burden on those of use that hunt in the state and has little impacton my hunting.In my case it adds to teh enjoyment.

As a result of hte out of staters coming and staying, i have been able to hunt private landin Mississippi for Deer, Texas for hogs, Arkansas for deer, turkey and waterfowl and Minnesota for pheasant.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i deer hunt in kentucky and noone seems to care. but of course i only hunt on private land that my family owns so i don't really take anyone else's bucks but my family's and family friends. plus the cost of nonresident licenses and tags shouldn't tickresidents off it helps them. and last time i checked ky has an overabundance of does in the western part at least. farmers are more than happy to let people take out the animals that screw up there crops. so i'm not complaining and they aren't either.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Where I'm from it seems the only people who have problems with out of state hunters are the people who are not willing to knock on doors or do some work for the farmers to gain access to private land. It's the people who hunt state land and that's the only place they can hunt who complain. If more people did there homework before season to gain access to private land they wouldn't have to worry about non-resident hunters.You only get what you put in it!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:34 AM

I have no problem with it. I have a friend in Kentucky who shot a 170 during the firearms season and said that if I wanted to come out it would have to be during bow season becauseeveryone elsecomes during the firearm season. He guarenteed me that we would get on 130-150 class bucks at his farm. Letssee less people archery hunting- Tough decision- notSee Ya in the fall!
Old 06-29-2005, 01:51 PM

I don't have a problem with it. As gutshot stated your all welcome to come to WV.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

I don't have no problem with it ... until the out-of-staters take up all the land and push us locals out of our private leases. That's the way its getting around here. We use to hunt a certain farmer's property for free (sure we helped him out on the farm any way we could, but never had to pay him a penny to hunt his land), then the outfitters came along and offered him big $$ he couldn't refuse. Now they bring in people from all over the country and we're forced to dig deep in our pockets to hunt a sliver of the acreage we used to hunt for free.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

While generally I see no problem with it, in cases like the above stated situation, that would suck. But I soon to be hoping to find the time to hunt some of the bordering states to me.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gee you guys should haveheard some of the things that have been said to me by the locals when I first moved here and hunted public land with me being a forigner and all

Even had a couple threaten me with bodily harm until I told them to put their money where their mouth is and bring it on
Old 06-30-2005, 07:04 PM

I hunt out of state every year.I go unguided and hunt on federal and state land.I rarely see other hunters.It is so vast where I go there is no reason to go into an area if you see another vehicle parked close by.I have found the locals to be very friendly.I believe it's all about conduct,if you treat other people with courtesy and respect most often you get the same type of treatment back.
It's understandable how a local person could be terrortorial of an area they have hunted for years or have worked hard to find only to see an out of the area person in the spot they intended to be.If it is public land that is the risk that someone takes.If a local hunter came up to me upon discovering me in an area that they regularly hunted,I would leave and wish them good luck.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Tuffbroadhead

Out of staters are good for the local economy's, I just wish as AMERICANS that pay a huge amount of local, state and federal tax, the we as hunters could hunt in different states without paying some ridiculous amount for out of state tags..
My sentiments exactly . Non-res are always welcome in my book since their contribution to my state's coffers also helps to keep costs down for the residents and benefits the local economy . I'll never understand the hatred some folks have for non-res , it just doesn't make sense .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.