Here are a few..." />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pics of bucks near my house

Old 06-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pics of bucks near my house

Atlas,

Those are some good lookin bucks with great potential. Are you going to be hunting the properties where those photos were taken??
Old 06-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love pics like this, but there is only one problem. As the height of the antlers increases, my productivity level decreases. Thanks Atlas
Old 06-26-2005, 06:39 PM

Atlas- those bucks sure are nice. Taking those pics must have gotten you excited for this year's season.
I remember some old posts from you that say that the bucks in your hunting area don't get very big. The buck you killed a year or two ago was allegedly the biggest seen in the area for a long, long time... Has something changed? Just curious.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

Atlas- those bucks sure are nice. Taking those pics must have gotten you excited for this year's season.
Yes and no...........they did get me thinking about the upcoming season but I can see these deer everyday if I want to..........usually in my back yard eating from my birdfeeders [:@]

I remember some old posts from you that say that the bucks in your hunting area don't get very big.
The huntable ones don't.......especially on public land where anything over 1 1/2 yrs old is a rare sight indeed. There just aren't cracks big enough for them to slip through. Their luck runs out sooner then later 99.9% of the time.

The buck you killed a year or two ago was allegedly the biggest seen in the area for a long, long time... Has something changed? Just curious.
Nope.......nothing has changed. These deer are on a nature preserve........no hunting.

If there was ever 2 bucks like these standing in a field on the battlegrounds I usually hunt I can honestly say I would not want to see the chaos that would erupt

It would get UGLY!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2005, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Really nice bucks.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:13 PM

Nice pictures Atlasman! Before you made mention of the nature preserve I was going to volunteer to help you be rid of one of those pesky whitetails! I live in the catskill mountains of New York.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some really nice bucks. I put up the leaf river in PA this weekend so I hope to get some good pics soon. I took it down before turkey season so it wouldn't get stolen, and just got it back up. I should have some good pics to share soon, got huge doe last night on it. I talked to the neighbor too about if we have one that gets hit on our side that goes over there, and I guess they took a 17 point non typical 2 years ago and a 20" 8 point last season. I can't wait to start seeing pics.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:49 AM

The prospect of you have a good season just got better. Those deer are dandies.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:16 AM

Nice deer!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:46 AM

Nice bucks

Quick Reply: Pics of bucks near my house

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.