Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What kind of climber do you use or recommend?

Old 06-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What kind of climber do you use or recommend?

Vikingvictory.... You're going to get 3000 different answers and opinions on climbing stands. Every stand has it's good points and bad points. People will talk about API, Loggy Bayou, Summit, Ol' Man, Ameristep, etc...etc...

Check them all out. Go to a big sporting good store and see them all up close. Try sitting in a few (the store clerk should be nice enough to let you). Believe me, I've done it... I checked out API, Ameristep, Summit, and others. I kept coming back to the Summit climber. It is the most comfortable, lightweight, best bang-for-the-buck, type of climber around. I bought a Summit Viper X4 last year and that was that. I never looked back...

Butch A.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:03 PM
Spike

I currently use a summit, it is light,comfy and easy to operate.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:31 PM

I've been looking at quite a few climbers.What companycarries the Buck Shot stand?Thanks
Old 06-26-2005, 06:00 PM

Get your self a viper x5 you should be all right
Old 06-26-2005, 06:04 PM

Another thing to consider is how easy and how quite is it to pack and unpack and get on and off a tree. That is one important factor along with safety for me. Unless you plan on leaving it in the woods all the time how quitely you can slip into an area in the morning before light and set up is important as well as how the evening in low light with possible deer around you. Just something else to think about. My little brother has a Ol' Man that I have used several times and it is also very nice and has all these qualities as well as folding flat so as not to get hung up in brush when walking to and from stand sites.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vikingvictory, Buck shot treestands in the name of the company. You can order directly from them, here is the link. http://www.bowsite2.com/buckshotstore/category.asp?SID=1&Category_ID=1 I thought that they had more stand choices but I would just request a brochure. In the link that I gave you here shows two different types but shows the magnum version for bigger people as it does weigh more. But there is also a smaller version too the Big shot tree stand that I have that might be in the brochure and is a lot lighter. they are not the lightest out there but I have not sat on a more comfortable stand and I tried most of the summit stands that get a lot of the press around here and came out with a Buck shot Big shot tree stand and never looked back or wondered if I made that right decision. I love mine.

Good luck

Brian
Old 06-27-2005, 02:57 PM

Summit
Old 06-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Actually, they have a newer stand called the Equalizer that looks great and that I am pretty interested in myself. In 20 years, I've never hunted anywhere other than from the ground, but this stand is making me think twice. I've asked over on AT and not heard one negative thing about this stand other than it is a little heavier, and it isn't by much.

http://www.equalizertreestands.com/