Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What web site has FOC for different arrows?

Old 06-25-2005, 10:00 PM

Default What web site has FOC for different arrows?

I just started shooting Carbon Express Terminator Hunters.I was shooting Gold Tips.The Terminators seem heavier and I had to change my pin settings to start getting decent groups.
I shoot a BuckMaster 2000 with a 29"draw length,set at52 lb pull.
I use 100 grain field points and 100 grain 4 blade Muzzys.
I have a NAP quick tune 1000 arrow rest.The helical on the Terminators is more than my Gold Tips were.I can't tell if the vanesare hitting the rest.I've tried baby powder.Is there something else I could use to find out if I'm getting enough clearance?Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:28 AM

Default RE: What web site has FOC for different arrows?

Try lipstick. If your vanes are hitting it will leave some on the vanes after the shot. If you have been shooting them for a while it should be pretty easy to see any way. There will either be marks on the vanes, or on your rest where they are hitting. Look at your rest to see if there is any color that matches your vanes. If there is you have contact. Same thing with your vanes, if you have black covers on your prongs they will leave a black mark on one or two of your vanes.

If you want to calculate your FOC here is a great site.

bowjackson's

Paul
Old 06-26-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Thanks Paul,you helped me alot

The web page says my FOC is 7.8%.My arrow weight is 466 grn.
Would you happen to know if the arrow is a little heavy for the bow I shoot or do you know of another web site that may be able to answer my question?
BuckMaster 2000
29"Draw
52lb pull
Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:35 AM

Default RE: Thanks Paul,you helped me alot

The foc is determined buy the arrow, not your bow set up. The arrows you are shooting are fairly heavy for a carbon shaft. I'm shooting 74 lbs with a 450g arrow so you're a bit heavier then I with about 20lbs less pull.

If you're happy with your arrow flight I'd leave it alone. I didn't check the chart but lighter arrow might not hurt you. If you choose the same head weight you'll likely end up with a little higher FOC.