Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should high fence deer pens be illegal???

Old 06-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should high fence deer pens be illegal???

I got no problems with people raising deer and killing them. Calling it HUNTING ? Now thats a whole 'nother ballgame
G-1 data-I don`t think anyone could have sead it any better
Old 06-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: datamax

I got no problems with people raising deer and killing them. Calling it HUNTING ? Now thats a whole 'nother ballgame.
That's what I was gonna say. I personally think raising deer, putting them in a pen or ranch, and then shooting them, only to hang them above the fireplace and brag about your deerkill, is pathetic. But that's just my opinion. Everybody has that. If the deer are confined by high-fences, it's just not fair-chase. And no fair-chase = no real-hunting, in my book.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

So those of you who think that high fences should not be illegal wouldn't be very upset if you spent $2000-$5000 per acre on a beutiful piece of hunting property only to have the neighbor put a high fence up on one, two, or three sides of you dropping your property value and ruining your hunting, for which you purchased the property? That wouldn't bother some of you? What if your neighbor wanted your piece of property so he high fences 2 or three sides of you so that you have to sell it to him and buy a piece some place else? I know someone this happend to.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know I would be extremely upset if I was out in the woods hunting and stumbled upon a 15' high fence somewhere. That just ain't right in my book!!! [:'(]

Butch A.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Spike

Watch the hunting shows on tv,most of them are fenced or canned hunting.They make it look like thats the way to hunt!!All I can say is good for them,BUT NOT FOR ME !!!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 03:03 PM

Yes and so should outfitters
Old 06-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

As much as People might hate them. This is suppose to be a free country with a free enterprise system. Untill the people that are against it can get a law passed against it we must honor the bill of rights and the freedoms it stands for. I would not have any pleasure in a 1000 acre fence. But you do realize in Texas there are places with 500,000 fenced acres. Some Deer never see the fence.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Gundigest

So those of you who think that high fences should not be illegal wouldn't be very upset if you spent $2000-$5000 per acre on a beutiful piece of hunting property only to have the neighbor put a high fence up on one, two, or three sides of you dropping your property value and ruining your hunting, for which you purchased the property? That wouldn't bother some of you? What if your neighbor wanted your piece of property so he high fences 2 or three sides of you so that you have to sell it to him and buy a piece some place else? I know someone this happend to.

Like I said there are already enough laws to hang a man. Around here you need a permit to put up a fence and a speical permit to have one higher than 6'. This permit is only avalible if you can prove that it would be a hard ship if you couldn't have it. Best to check with the local zoning laws. There are probably laws to protect the land owner. Stiil sucks.

I knew a guy once that had a piece of property that was going to be taken by the state to put in a bypass. I asked him how he felt. He said he didn't care one way or the other. They wern't taking it all and he was going to put up a gas station on the remainder. Had to admire the guy for that.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:04 PM

Should high fences be illegal?

In Texas, No. In the rest of the country, probably yes.

You can not relate high fences in Texas to high fences in other states. They are two different creatures.

I've hunted on several high fenced ranches, I own a high fence ranch, and I have lots of friends that own high fenced ranches to. High fences down here are as common to us hunters as an 8pt buck. High fences started popping up down here over 45 years ago, so its not a new thing. When your hunting a multithousand acre ranch, it really dosent matter if the property is surrouded by a 3 ft. barbwire fence or the great wall of China.

This is really getting to be an old issue to debate over the internet. Almost everybody who is againts high fences are guys who really dont know anything about them and only go with there emotions and try to push there beliefs on others, much like anti-hunters. When it comes to the high fence issue opinions very greatly. From what I can tell, it depends on what side of the fence you are on. If you have a high fence orget to hunt a high fence, by either owning one or having the money to hunt one then you dont mind the high fence at all.In Texasguys who dont have the money or get the chance to hunt on a high fenced ranch really seem to have a problem with the whole idea. Wonder why?
Old 06-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Its not for me but I refuse to tell some other its not for them . To each there own.

[/align]

Quick Reply: Should high fence deer pens be illegal???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.