Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pic of a 4.5 yr old protein pig!!

Old 06-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pic of a 4.5 yr old protein pig!!

here's a pic of a 4.5 yr old buck that might or might not be a shooter this year, he still has a month and a half of growing to go...
Old 06-22-2005, 07:54 PM

Default RE: Pic of a 4.5 yr old protein pig!!

If that buck is a 4.5 year old I would take him out of the herd as he would have bad genetics. I have been seeing a buck here in PA that is either a 2.5 or 3.5 year old that still has 2 months to grow and he is already much bigger than that deer.

It is still a great buck, but if your sure he is 4.5 years old, he should be taken out of the herd. From what he looks like to me though, he looks like a 3.5 year old!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep!

I'd have to take em out as well ,he's still a decent buck

nubo
Old 06-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen two deer that are very similar and the bigger typical already has 10 pts developed and it looks like he might be starting on his 11th & 12th points....too early to tell though as they might be small. But the tine length is already there, but I'm sure he'll add more length as the summer rolls on. He's gonna be a nice deer this fall!!
Old 06-23-2005, 02:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Its is very eatable
Old 06-23-2005, 04:17 AM
Typical Buck

This is my first year on this lease, 1250 acres and split between myself and five other hunters.. I'm pretty sure this is a deer that one of the other hunters saw last year and could not get a shot at, this is strickly a Archery only lease ... last year he was a 3.5 yr old six point that would have scored around 130 inches, he is definently a trash buck that has lived way to long...I have already spoke with the other hunters on the lease about him and we are going to let one of our wive's or chilren try and poke him , he would make a great first harvest...
Old 06-23-2005, 05:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Tuffbroadhead

he is definently a trash buck that has lived way to long
What is a trash buck?

Am I missing something, I only see two deer? Is the hog black? I can't see him against the sky. [8D]
Old 06-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know some of the guys on the forums see some pretty dandy bucks just about any day that they go out to check their hunting areas and/or game cams. However, that buck, in my neck of the woods, would be considered very respectable for public land.

I don't have a closed view of the deerhunting world though and realize that buck might just be a "management buck" in many places. Good luck with him...he might still be a bruiser by hunting season.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

To be honest, I'm glad I hunt in a world where that is NOT considered a trash buck.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:19 AM

He's a nice buck and still has time to grow but I in no way think he's 4.5 years old. I'm guessing he's closer to 3. If he's smart and avoids cars while crossing the road I believe he'll be 3.5 years old this fall. He's a nice deer with great potential either way. I'd love to see what he puts on for bone onve the next couple of months.

Thanks for sharing the pic. One can never see to many deer or deer pics.

Quick Reply: Pic of a 4.5 yr old protein pig!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.