Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this what we are heading towards?

Old 06-23-2005, 09:47 AM

Default RE: Is this what we are heading towards?

That looks unsafe to me
Old 06-23-2005, 11:33 AM

Can we use the crossbow argument ?

It has a grip like a pistol - its a gun !

Old 06-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

datamax, as far as I'm concerned, there is no point in saying it's gone beyond what archery is supposed to be. If I've learned one thing over the past 15-or-so years, it's this... Seems that the vast majority of latter day bowhunters and archers refuse to consider any kind of limitiations to compound technology. Witness the furor over P&Y's late 65% rule. No letoff limitations. (Of course, this bow would not be P&Y legal because of it's length. They didn't change that rule when they dropped the 65% rule.)

If anyone were to say this bow has gone beyond where archery should be, all it would accomplish is having a bunch of yayhoos up in arms calling that person an anti-compound terrorist.

Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt.

I still think the crossbow is the logical end product in the direction compound technology is headed. This is just another step in that direction. This thing is practically a crossbow riser with a pistol grip mounted on it.

Old 06-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas in Dundee had one I think a while back .
I thought it was a toy .

Johnch
Old 06-24-2005, 04:48 AM

I don't worry about anyone "pushing the limit". It's simply the result of a competitve market in a free society. The U.S. is great in this way. It gives people the incentive to think of new and innovative ways of doing things. If it works, then there will be a percentage of hunters who will buy it. If there's a problem then the company will go the way of the dinosaur. I don't know why it would bother anyone if someone else uses it. It's only obvious advantage is size. Everything else would limit the archers ability to take animals, from what I can see.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would definetly want to take her for a spin. I think it would be an advantage for hunting in that you have less to carry and the animal has less to see.

What is the price?

Tom
Old 06-24-2005, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still think the crossbow is the logical end product in the direction compound technology is headed. This is just another step in that direction. This thing is practically a crossbow riser with a pistol grip mounted on it.
Why do you guys care? No one is going to force you to shoot something like that so why is it so important that everyone else should have to do it exactly like you do?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I for one, kind of like the looks of it. I wouldn't mind having one to shoot. Prolly wouldn't use it for hunting, but it would be fun to shoot.

Could you imagine how far your arrows would stick past the cams when you have a quiver on?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:01 AM

I don't worry about anyone "pushing the limit". It's simply the result of a competitve market in a free society. The U.S. is great in this way. It gives people the incentive to think of new and innovative ways of doing things. If it works, then there will be a percentage of hunters who will buy it. If there's a problem then the company will go the way of the dinosaur. I don't know why it would bother anyone if someone else uses it. It's only obvious advantage is size. Everything else would limit the archers ability to take animals, from what I can see.
The problem with that is this - I just created a revolutionary bow that has 95% letoff, has a mass weight of just under 1.5 pound all decked out, it shoots a new technology arrow and broadhead, goes 525 fps and keeps sub 3" groups at 100 yards. Its as easy as shooting a gun with a new sighting device that allows for instant sight and release.

This new bow, we'll call it the Stealthy-Bow, retails for $175 all decked out. Its gauranteed for life. Stealthy-Bow is gauranteed to increase your shooting accuracy, distance and will gaurantee you more success in the field.

Hell of a deal huh ? But is that REALLY archery ? Archery should be more that just how accurate you can be, or how fast your arrows go or how many deer you can tag in a season. I think Arthur P understands that, DoubleCreek does ........ the rest of ya'll ? I dunno ................
Old 06-24-2005, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why do you guys care? No one is going to force you to shoot something like that so why is it so important that everyone else should have to do it exactly like you do?
Silentassassin, I care about archery and bowhunting. I have watched something special being gnawed at and chipped away in the name of progress and dollars for many years now, to the point that there is practically no resemblance to what it used to be. If I didn't care, I'd see things exactly the same way you do.

We used to look at all new products with one thought: Is it good for archery and bowhunting? Now there are guys like you who's first question is: Why do you guys care?

I pity you, SA, because you will never get to experience the kind of bowhunting that I once knew. Of course, you won't understand and think I'm being a smart@$$, but I'm actually being sincere. Remember that I was 16 years old and already a veteran bowhunter by the time the compound bow was even invented.

There are others here who are in my age group. Just ask them about those days. I'm sure they also remember the days when someone actually had to accomplish something before he could feel proud of himself.

Quick Reply: Is this what we are heading towards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.