Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NAP Crossfires or muzzy

Old 06-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Spike

Default NAP Crossfires or muzzy

I'm going to use new broadheads this year and it's a toss between the crossfires and muzzys. was just wondering who useswhich and how well do you like them.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NAP Crossfires or muzzy

The crossfires look great, I wanted to give them a try, but I had troubles getting them to fly right, so I just stayed with my Montecs...

Old 06-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot 4 blade Muzzy's for many many years.
The 100 gr heads are nice , I shoot the 115gr heads

Johnch
Old 06-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot 100 gr. 3 and 4 blade, they fly sweet! The practice blades hit where my field tips hit. But I have always wanted to try expandables. But I will stay with Muzzy because they work for me.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:30 PM

Well I heard tuffbroadhead say they didn't fly that well this concerned me. I have 2 boxes of them planning on hunting with them. So I went out side just now tofling them. Shot at 25yds or so shot 2 at the same spot hit the other arrow and cut fletching off the other. Moved back to 40yds and 45ydsstill shot like darts grouping very well. The only thing was my bow hasn't been tuned much other than center shot. And the result was a consistent grouping acouple inches high so with a little tuning or sight adjustment these will be very accurate. No erratic flight no broadhead noise or fliers. So give them a try I don't think you'llbe dissapointed ask5shot what he thinks about them I asked him the same question and he said they are one of the best/better broadheads on the market.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:59 AM

I shoot Muzzy three blade 125s on my hunting bow and I shoot NAP Spitfires on my crossbow. every dead deer will agree they work in both scenarios. Its a matter of what shoots best on your bow. Muzzys might not hit your field point holes but tune the bow to Muzzys with practice blades and shhot those. I can tell you that muzzys lose about 3 grs in weight per 200 shots. I weigh my broadheads and arrows and match light heads with heavy arrows and visa versa keeps em all tight on the target. An inexpensive reloading scale is priceless for setup.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:53 PM

I shoot Muzzy 3 Blade 125's as well. I just can't leave them.. they fly great and nothing I put on my arrow seems to keep up.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I haven't had the opportunity to try the new crossfires yet but I have used Muzzys for several years with great success...in particular the 3 blade 100 grain model.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:40 PM

Nothing wrong with either, but I like the Muzzy 4 blade. The blades are more secure, and, IMO, much easier to install onto the ferrule.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have not shot the cross fires mainly because in order to get the blades to spin the furrel must be considerably thinned down for the blade cartridge to slide over and spin around. This greatly weakens the overall strength of the broadhead. And at over $10 each I would want mine to be as strong as possible.

I will tell you that the NAP nitrons are one bad arse little head. These heads seem too small to do any damage but they will surprise you.

They fly like darts, and penetrate like gang busters and being NAP heads are super sharp.

Muzzies are good heads but IMHO they are falling behind more and more every year with all the new developements in fixed blade broadheads. There are just too many out there now that fly better, hold together as well or better, are sharper, and are stronger.

If I were looking for new heads my list would definetly include....

Slick Tricks, RM turbos, NAP nitrons, Magnus stingers, Wasp boss and bullet, AMC sonics and liberties, and finally razor caps.

Quick Reply: NAP Crossfires or muzzy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.