Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting shows.

Old 06-11-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Hunting shows.

Why dosnt anyone make a decent hunting show. My old man gets OLN and I watch it form time to time. All the shows are the same. The hunter gets in a stand tells us why the stand is in such a perfic spot and in detail explanes all the equipment that he has to have to make this hunt posible. It is lame and boring, hunting is one of the best things on earth (Fishing is the most fun you can have standing up, hunting comes in second.) how can these guys make it so lame.

I am sick of seeing record bucks being shot on the first day, I want drama, excitment, and even some disipontment. I just want a show that gets me excited for the big season, and none of these shows do it for me.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting shows.

Every show I watch is, "Lets see how many big bucks we can cram into one show." They show the buck come in and then right as soon as they get ready to shoot, they either show the hunter or zoom way out so you can't see the shot. Then they show the hunter going nuts on the stand. Then, they show the hunter and 18 of his friends walk up and point and shout "THERE HE IS!!!". They run up on him, and do the stupid poke on the butt, then kneel down beside the buck and then explain what just happened. A high five with the outfitter, then say something along the lines of "This (insert bow or gun brand) really got the job done. Thanks to (insert camo here), (insert name of bino's here), (insert name of ammo), (insert name of boots, underwear, shoe laces, gloves, hat, scent cover, and anything else they can think of)." They're like robots on the hunting shows, you cna predict everything they are gonna say and do.

I'd rather see more of the blood trailing, more of the stand setting up, stuff like that. Not just bigger horns.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys should check into low budget DIY hunting videos like www.Parsonsoutdoors.com or www.Slungerhollow.com if you are tired of the staged TV friendly 30 minute shows.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

That's one reason I like the fitzgerald boys.I like to see bowhunts where does are harvested too.Killing bucks and large racked animals at times just seems like a show of bravado big buck this big buck that bores the living hell out of me.I'd like to see more realistic stuff,even some public land hunting.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:50 PM

Heres an idea for all you guys who dont like the current hunting shows.......... go out and make your own and get it on the outdoor channel. Its very simple, that way it will be just exactly like you want it.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only down to earth show on OLN is the best and worst of Tred Barta. Fitzgeralds are good too, cant wait to see there new shows.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Dream Season by Terry and Mark Drury. I can only explain their show as reality TV. They took regular hunters and showed their hardships and success. One team never even harvested a deer but just their comentary made them one of my favorites. It is on the Outdoor channel at 8pm on tuesdays. Well it was but the new season starts June 28th. I know I will be watching.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:46 AM

The Sportsman Channel has some good shows on it. Shoot, the other day I watched a guy shoot a doe with his bow......lol....never happens on the high end productions.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:47 PM

I've been telling everyone that this is what the real hunters want to see. That is what inspired me to put together the video that I will be putting out this fall. I'm tired of the equiptment claiming resposibility for the kill and the repetitive stuff you guys are talking about. What I really have a problem with is these pro's saying how excited they are after the shot and in reality they look like they're fallin asleep or the other extreme of acting like a moran to over kill the excitement. My goal in this video is to catch the 9 - 5 guy and that crazy look in his eyes when the shot goes down. It doesn't matter what size it is or what game animal. We will be concentrating mostly on hogs, but it will have a few nighttime gator hunts and whatever else we come across. And yes a lot will be filmed on public land!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

i would also like to see what they do with the animal,
skin it,
tan it,
cook it,
the hunt is not over after the kill,
still have to clean and prep the meat and skin,

i watch some show's
but as hunter its all about being out there yourself, whether its scouting or freezing your but off in a stand,, or sitting for hours waiting for your animal to show up,
not watching someone else sit in a stand or blind for 30 minutes,

Quick Reply: Hunting shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.