Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting shows.

Old 06-13-2005, 06:33 PM

Default RE: Hunting shows.

ORIGINAL: Terasec

but as hunter its all about being out there yourself, whether its scouting or freezing your but off in a stand,, or sitting for hours waiting for your animal to show up,
not watching someone else sit in a stand or blind for 30 minutes,

This is true. I just use the videos as a "fix" for my addiction until September rolls around.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:56 PM

terasec, I knew this was going to come up. Its not like I sit and watch hunting shows on nice summer days, or during deer season, but those nights I get home from work at 11 and just want to sit back and relax and see some hunting, or if I am at work (were I am right now. I work at a hotel so I have lots of time on my hands while I am here). I just wish that when that rare time comes around were I am sitting feet up in frount of the tube, that there could be a show that is worth watching.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah alot of these shows are just down right boring. i was watching buckmasters television and it was just.... well .... dull. you know what to expect they sit there for a few minutes, a huge buck walks up, they wait around and watch it waiting for the perfect shot, shoot(making the perfect shot of course), talk about how great they are and then climb out of the stand and seemingly just happen to find the deer. it was really stupid, the guy shot a deer out in the snow, he said he had just found it... but you could see foot prints in the snow going to and from the deer.[&:]. Dooooo Whatttt.

i think the shows would be much better if they showed more than the deer approaching and then shooting. they should do antleress hunts, blood trailing, dressing/skinning, and even butchering. it would be more helpful then watching someone climb into a stand, shoot a deer, walk to the deer, the end. it just isn't entertaining. that's just me though.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I enjoy watching shows and yeah i agree, sometimes i wish they would show more then what they do, and explain the hunt and their tactics more then what they do.

I actually enjoy watching the outtakes, bloopers, things of that nature