Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spike Camps

Old 06-10-2005, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Spike Camps

Thanks bullklr I have been sorting gear and gathering supplies/preparing today and well for a while. Now everyone that is not into bow hunting like me they all tell me you have 3 months still what are you doing? Any way bullklr I had yet to think about my supplies being scavenged by critters. Maybe I will have to tie my food up a tree out on a limb or something. Thanks I will mill that over. only 86 days 4hrs left. but who is counting.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted spike camps for years! For me it has been the most productive way to hunt elk. I usually take mre's and filter straws! and some other light weight cooking tools.. But most important for me is Grouse! I live off of Grouse when I am in the high country... That's how I pack so light. For me they are everywhere. Another trick is this. You know those loggin roads that are closed with a gate but go for miles... I get way back there on a mountain bike and a small trailer that I built. A great way to get way back there and quitely too!! Hope I made up your mind!
Old 06-10-2005, 09:58 PM

Muliefever,

Yep, exactly!
Old 06-11-2005, 01:11 AM

Muliefever I'm glad to hear you think this is a good idea. I have not done a spike camp for elk yet but it is encouraging to hear it has been productive for you. I picked up a bunch of light weight camp gear today. I too will be counting on a couple grouse here and there. Thanks for the possitive input.