Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-20-2002, 02:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-20-2002, 02:17 PM

Default RE: Should expandable broadheads be legal?

i think they should. they dont penetrate as well but do a heck of a lot more damage. they also promote arrow accuracy due to truer arrow flight.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:36 PM

I see no reason why they shouldn't be legal. perhaps limiting them to the certain types of game might be ok but I don't think making them illegal for all hunting is good. They work good on turkeys, deer, coyotes, etc.

Old 09-20-2002, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

i think they should be legal. some people have had great success with them. i personally would not use them if you gave them to me for free. i lost a moutain lion once using an expandable broadhead. it was early december and i think the broadhead froze on me because the arrow only penetrated a few inches in his chest where normally it should have blown right through his chest. that's why they make chocolate,vanilla and strawberry. everyone has different taste.

GOOD LUCK HUNTING!
Old 09-20-2002, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

I am a die hard Muzzy user who is giving the Rocky Mtn. Snypers a trial this season. I believe they should be legal in most instances although I have no experience with game larger than deer.

In fact there are a few fixed heads on the market I would not use.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:41 PM

As long as they can provide a quick kill (which most are proven to do so) they should be legal.

Any day spent huntin, is better than any day spent workin,,

Duckmastor2
Old 09-20-2002, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

I think they should be legal, and are a good way to penetrate through deer.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

i think they should be legal as long as you have enought Kinetic Energy for the head to work properly.

Old 09-20-2002, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I find no reason why mechanicals should not be legal. They certainly have their place in the archery industry. I do find however, they should not be used as a cure all for a mistuned bow and mistuned arrows. Mechanicals, like fixed blade broadheads need attention given to them to expect/demand proficient performance. I believe many of the past experiences we hear about with glances, bounce offs and lack of penetration is due to poor archery equipment in terms of tunabilities. Too many archers grab a pack of mechs expecting miracles that don't come. Out of an adequate performance setup, mechanicals can and do perform flawlessly. One needs to take a hard look at their setup before choosing mechs. One needs to ask themselves, is my bow/arrow setup adequate for their use? Do I have proper balance between bow and arrow in terms of spine, weight, speed and flight?

One thing that may need noted is a minimum balance between an arrows weight, speed and KE to give archers an indication if their setup will be suffice to try mechs or stay with fixed blades and this minimum should be industry wide to as a warning.

IMHO.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-20-2002, 08:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.