Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOYT VTEC OR THE MATHEWS SWITCHBACK ..I NEED HELP!!

Old 06-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default HOYT VTEC OR THE MATHEWS SWITCHBACK ..I NEED HELP!!

I WANT TO PURCHASE A NEW BOW AND NEED SOME HELP. I AM 53 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BOW HUNTED FOR OVER 20 YEARS. I CURRENTLY HUNT WITH A BLACK DIAMOND THAT IS ABOUT 7 YEARS OLD, I CHOSE THIS BOW BECAUSE OF A OLD FOOTBALL INJURY TO MY LEFT SHOLDER AND THIS BOW IS EXTREAMLY LIGHT BEING 100% CARBON (LESS THEN 3 lbs) . I AM CONSIDERING THE HOYT VTECH AND THE MATHEWS SWITCHBACK AND WANT TO HEAR SOME OBJECTIVE OPINIONS ....I AM INTERESTED IN SOMETHING FAIRLY LIGHT ..SOMETHING I CAN PULL AT ABOUT 55 LBS ( I CURRENTLY HUNT AT 65LBS ) AND SHOOT ABOUT 260 FPS .... SOMETHING THAT BREAKS SMOOTH ...DOES NOT CREEP EASY ...MINIMUM HAND SHOCK AND TORQUE ...ALSO WHERE CAN I GET MY BEST PRICE ON EITHER BOW ... THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR INPUT.

DOC
Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HOYT VTEC OR THE MATHEWS SWITCHBACK ..I NEED HELP!!

I can't vouch for the Switchback because I haven't shot one. But I can tell you that if is as smooth as my Outback then you shouldn't go wrong with it. The Outback rollsover smooth and has absolutely no shock to it.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are both great bows. You can't go wrong with either. Shoot them both and compare. Go with whatever feels most comfortable.
I shoot a Hoyt.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Shoot them both and get the one you like the best, but I am going to vote for the Mathews. I love my Legacy and I would get the Switchback if I could afford it.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I, along with several others on the forums, owned the Switchback as soon as we could get our hands on it. Since then, I along with several others on the forums have TRADED the SB in for the VTEC. The VTEC is a better machine in my opinion. It's faster, better performance, and has a grip that feels so much better and torque free than the mathews that it's not even funny. Shoot them both side by side if you can and you'll see the Hoyt is the easy winner.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:27 AM
PLB

Old 06-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

My bad shoulder isn't from football, but it has a lot to do with why I bought a 50/60 pound Vtec. It doesn't bother my 50+ year old body at all. Last night I was going strong when my 28 year old shooting partner cried "uncle". The Vtec is SO smooth and sweet, I can't imagine anything being better. Never shot a Mathews though. Best advice has already been given - try them both. Remember too, that the best price isn't always the cheapest when it comes to service. Jim
Old 06-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 60lb Patriot that has a 80% letoff that is incredibly smooth and likely faster than both the Vtec of Switchback. You might want to try it also before you buy. One thing you should consider is all these bows you are looking at are over 4 lbs. If you want something lighter try the Vipertec and the Bowtecch Mighty Mite also.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both are great bows, as others have said shoot them both and make up your own mind. Want more advice, go shopping/shooting by yourself and don't let anyone influence you. I myself own the Switchback but that doesn't mean you should own it because I or anyone else owns it, same can be said for the Hoyt or any other bow for that matter. Buy and shoot what feels best to you!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

One more time.......

..... any questions???

Quick Reply: HOYT VTEC OR THE MATHEWS SWITCHBACK ..I NEED HELP!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.