Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Blazers and QuikSpin hieghts

Old 05-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Blazers and QuikSpin hieghts

The Blazers are the same exact height as my QuikSpins, or atleast very close. So, how are these better than my QS? Other than the facts that the Blazers are made better, and they last longer? They have the same back shape and everything except the kicker and the length. What am I missing here? [&:]
Old 05-29-2005, 03:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Blazers and QuikSpin hieghts

Looks like you listed them to me.
How about weight? I know the blazers are light, how do the Qs's measure up?

I've also read where the little tabs on the end of the QS have peeled up in the past.
And then there's cost, the blazer are way cheaper @ $6.99 per 36 vs $19.99 per 36.

I know the blazers I'm shooting are anvil tuff. I no longer have any torn or ripped fletchings as I would get in the past with duravanes when group shooting.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned, the QS's are considerably more fragile and they will easily tear and ripple. They are also way more costly. The Blazer also weigh only 5 grains, the qS's are double that! The Blazers are the better product in my opinon.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:21 AM

IMO The blazer is the way to go , that's whats riding on the tail end of my Beman Max 4 arrows ....
Old 05-30-2005, 02:52 PM

Blazers are so light weight compared to the QS! And the Blazers are much more quiet.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most everything that was said above is true, but let's not forget one thing. The Quick spins control arrows better than any other vane I have tried. Blazers are great, but QS's do a better job of steering big broadheads. They are however more fragile and expensive.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:17 AM

I get better control out of the Blazers, so be sure to test them both.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

I had 3 GTs fletched with quickspins, 3 with blazers, and 3 with diamonds. They all shot about the same. I am not expert but I could get them all to group 2" @ 20. What I did notice was the Qs are heavier, louder, more fragil and cost a ton more. One concern I had with the QS is if ice and snow could get caught in the groves on the back side. Right now I am shooting blazers because I can put them on and an arrow wrap and still be lighter than most other 4" vanes. I did like the diamonds but they were no where near as tough as the blazers. I also gained 6 ft/sec with the blaxers.
I would recomend to anyone to try them out.