Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String Leeches?

Old 09-19-2002, 01:03 PM

Default String Leeches?

I had both cat whiskers and sims string leeches on the string of my Mathews Q2. The bow was very quiet. Today I cut the cat whiskers off and installed new string leeches. Now I've noticed more noise than ever. I never had string leeches alone on my string. Are they just not as effective as cat whiskers or did I install them wrong? Would it help to put the leeches closer to the nock? One of the leeches is not completely perpendicular to the bowstring as recommeded in the directions. Could this be why they don't work?
Old 09-19-2002, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Leeches?

When I put leeches on my FX it greatly decreased the noise. The Q2 is avery quiet bow to start with...I can't imagine that it's much than with the whiskers. I was never a big fan of those whiskers anyway, but if they work for you put them back on!

Old 09-19-2002, 01:53 PM

Hey yooper11 I have a Q2XL with cat whiskers on them, and have been thinking about the string leeches. My bow is pretty quiet with the cat whiskers. I guess I will just stick to them, unless you disagree down the road.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Leeches on my SQ2 make a great improvement on an already quiet bow. Whiskers could make it quieter, but I have never tried them....but I think my bow is plenty quiet the way it is.

My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

Old 09-19-2002, 03:59 PM

Where and how did you install your string leeches on your SQ2? Maybe the reason mine aren't performing well has to do with location on the bow string.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Leeches on my SQ2 make a great improvement on an already quiet bow. Whiskers could make it quieter, but I have never tried them....but I think my bow is plenty quiet the way it is.

&lt;img border=&quot;0&quot; src=&quot;http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb....jpg&quot;&gt;
My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 09-19-2002, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

My leeches were good at keeping the string quiet, but they didn't last very long...and they HURT when they fly off and hit you in the face!

The whiskers/spider legs work just as well....and last as long as the string!

Good luck!