Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tennessee legalizes crossbows

Old 05-25-2005, 05:43 AM

Default RE: Tennessee legalizes crossbows

See ? Now you get it, don't you ? To you, in your eyes, a crossbow is ridiculously easy, and your compound is so much tougher ....... why heck, those crossbows shouldn't be allowed they're so easy !
I don't think an X-Bow is much easier to kill with than a compound.....I never said that data cat............................My arguement (to others) is that it is nothing like a bow (compound or stick)

So you agree its harder ?
Only if you keep the same standards. I had a bad year last year with my compound. I wish I had my recurve with me....................LOL............I know for a fact a couple dinks and some doe would of bit the dust - I was a dink magnet...........and by your "stick" standards I would of had a GREAT year..................

News flash - It ain't THAT hard to shoot the little ones with a recurve. If you miss today you get a shot tomorrow................To be honest..I would be a hell of a lot more succesfull if I used my curved stick AND your kill standards - It would be a hell of a lot easier.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:27 AM

Rack-attack

Lets look at your post, shall we ?

My arguement (to others) is that it is nothing like a bow (compound or stick)
Its nothing like a bow ? its got a string, and limbs - and the two combined propels an arrow tipped with a broadhead. Hmmm, isn't that what a bow IS ? Its got a trigger - so does a compound. Its got high letoff (100% letoff) but compounds can be bought with 99% letoff. Not a lot of difference there. Both are very fast, very high tech, using came and cables etc - nothing like a traditional bow - and if we're talking the Excalibur models, they're more "traditional" than a Bowtech ever will be.

Nothing like a bow ? What ARE they like ? A gun ? They shoot bullet ? use primers ? Gunpowder ? They function NOTHING like a gun - they function EXACTLY like a bow does.

News flash - It ain't THAT hard to shoot the little ones with a recurve.
WHOA !

Okay .. what you're saying is executing the shot has little to do with the equipment, its getting that big buck close thats hard ?

LOL ......
Old 05-25-2005, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

This thread is heading in the same direction as the last one. There is nothing new that can be added.