Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats a great hunting magazine?

Old 05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whats a great hunting magazine?

I would like to subscribe to a new magazine. Other than my local outdoor news what's a good magazine without every page saying buy this. You know the ones that push all the gear saying you need this to be great like us. I don't want any of that crap. I just would like a great mag with useful articles. Field and stream is good but I don't fish like I hunt. So any suggestions?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Whats a great hunting magazine?

I only subcribe to two hunting magazines. The Texas trophy hunters journal and Eastmans. TTHA is pretty much just south Texas bucks, which is the reason why I subcribe to it. But Eastmans is full of western big game and probably has some of the best field photos that I have ever seen. Eastmans dvd's arent worth a damn, but there magazine is a very good product.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:22 PM

Bowhunter and Petersens Bowhunting are the only two I subscribe to. They don't seem to have nearly as many ads as some of the other magazines do.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I kinda like Bowhunting World. Check Ebay for some good subscription prices.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are a deer hunter, I think the best is "DEER & DEER HUNTING" magazine. Excellent articles. As for bowhunting magazines I like BowhuntAmerica but find most are nothing but thick brochures where everything is great and best of class.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:55 AM

If you're looking for lots of good stories with LOTS of pictures of huge bucks, I recommend Big Buck Magazine, editted by Jim Shockey. This magazine is free of all the how-to and 10 ways to bag a bruiser types of articles, which I often find tiring and redundant.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

'deer and deer hunting', petersons bowhunting, and bowhunter
Old 05-18-2005, 07:51 AM

North American Whitetail, Bowhunting World, Rack Magazine, Buckmasters, Ohio fish and Game, soon to be Big Buck Magazine. My fiance keeps tellin me I need to thin my collection but I like going back and rereading them.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:19 AM

Petersons hunting or petersons bowhunting are good. What state do you live in?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Deer and Deer Hunting" provides quality scientifically backed information. I enjoy reading it. John Ozogda is one of my favorite biologists.

Quick Reply: Whats a great hunting magazine?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.