Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you hunt with buddies or go solo?

Old 05-18-2005, 03:18 AM

Default RE: Do you hunt with buddies or go solo?

Because of my schedule, I usually hunt alone. I would much rather hunt with friends though. When you're by yourself, you can't ask "Did you see anything?" when you come out of the woods! I enjoy hearing their stories as much as telling mine.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

i've always liked hunting by myself, as a matter of fact that is all i ever did while rifle hunting for the over 10 years but when i got turned on by a friend who gave me an old bow to start off with a few years ago i really liked the company of others and sitting down in camp together,yeah i can tollerate being the "camp B*tch" when it's my turn to cook or get wood but that's part of the deal when your with others. i'll probably use the 3 weeks vaca. i got to hunt with our camp the two others solo. i can live with that.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Do you hunt with your buddies? How many do you hunt with if so?

I was just wondering how many hunt with their friends.... most of my buddies that hunt go in groups of 2 and sometimes more.

I surely can't be the only one who likes and wants to hunt alone am I? I rarely hunt with others maybe 2-3 times a year.
I frequently turkey hunt with others, and usually call in more birds for others than I call in for myself. I also rifle hunt for deer with others quite frequently, usually in a camp. Archery hunting though, I almost always hunt alone, I don't like to share or show my spots.............
Old 05-18-2005, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually hunt alone. I prefer to hunt alone. Sometimes I will hunt with my brother in law, stepfather, and nephew as long as they give me some breathing room.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

i hunt mainly alone when bowhunting. I'll go with maybe one other person. I try to go with another person in the am because I am so unmotivated to get out of bed and he doesn't have a deer with a bow yet.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Same here.

I usually bowhunt alone. I have gone duck hunting with 2 or 3 guys one time and also tagged along on a big goose hunt with about 8 guys. It was fun - freezing cold - but fun.

I welcome the thought of hooking up with a few VA guys and going hunting! [8D]

Butch A.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt alone 90% of the time but I honestly prefer to hunt with a buddy. There are a variety of reasons that I prefer to hunt with a buddy. One of the places that I like to hunt is a 45 minute drive and then a 20 minute boat ride. So having someone else there to split gas money is a tremendous help. Also, being that far away it helps to know you have a buddy there if something should happen to you or them. It helps pass the time and gives you another set of eyes in the woods that can be covering a spot that you couldn't cover. We hunt all day and we take radios and we talk every hour on the hour after 9:00 o'clock and it not only helps pass the time but if your buddy is seeing deer and you aren't then you may need to move. If neither one of you are seeing deer then they just may not be moving or it may be time to pull and go to a new area. Also, it's nice to have someone there to share the excitement and the story with if you make a good shot or have a close call etc. Last but not least it's nice to have another guy on the end of the drag rope for those long pulls
Old 05-18-2005, 07:32 AM

I'd estimate 90%+ of my hours logged in the qwoods hunting are solo. Actually most of what I do in the woods or mountains is solo. I like to have time to reflect on life, nature, the world ect, without having to worry about anyone but myself. I guess I'm just greedy like that although I'm sure once my boys are old enough all that will change.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Both. Most of the time im alone (because i go a lot), but every now and then a friend gets away and comes down to hunt with me.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I welcome the thought of hooking up with a few VA guys and going hunting!
Butch
Move to Texas, I could use some good music at my cabin. It would be a good trade, hunt for some good guitar playing.

Quick Reply: Do you hunt with buddies or go solo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.