Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you hunt with buddies or go solo?

Old 05-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you hunt with buddies or go solo?

i usually hunt deer and turkey alone. i've always hunted hogs with at least one but usually two other people. i have taken other people turkey hunting with me. i usually hunt small game with at least one other too. it's more fun that way.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Most of the time I'll hunt alone ,but I do enjoy hunting with one friend occasionally,the only time Ill hunt with more than one guy is on the moose hunt .

nubo
Old 05-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Durring bow season here in IL, I hunt mostly alone.Durring the shot gun season though I love to hunt with my brother,and others,.The last couple of slug seasons I hunted by myself,which was kinda lonesome.I don't know why,but when I bow hunt, I like hunting by myself but durring firearms season like to hunt with others .Maybe someone could splain this to me??
Old 05-17-2005, 07:43 PM

My time is pretty much split down the middle. I hunt alone, and with buddies. Never any more than 2 though. I enjoy very much my time alone in the field. Even when I am with buddies, we are in seperate parts of the woods, so I get alone time then as well.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt alone seems with my work schedule nobodys off when
I am and enjoy the quiet in my ground blind,me and my dog
cant complain tho lucky to be out there I guess!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt alone and with buddies! I always have my gear in my truck so there are alot of times I go solo after work or in the morning. We also have a camp going on for the first 2 weeks of November! I sit alone on stand except when my son comes along!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

I enjoy hunting with my Son, but his job, and college keep him so busy that it's usually just me.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alone mainly (hence the I Stand Alone)

But if someone wants to come with me that is great as well
Old 05-18-2005, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt solo except for our Kansas hunt. On the Kansas hunt a lifelong friend and I enjoy the trip and hunt.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:40 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I usually hunt alone and prefer it over hunting with others. My son would come along a few times each year before he was old enough to hunt and I liked that. Last year he started hunting but ended his bow season just 3 days into it by shooting his first buck. He did come out with me quite a few times after that but for the most part I hunted a lone.

Hopefully this year and the next few years we get to spend more time hunting together before life takes him away from me. I will have enough time to hunt alone once he is gone.

Tim

Quick Reply: Do you hunt with buddies or go solo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.