Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cabela's 3-D Targets?

Old 05-10-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Cabela's 3-D Targets?

I'm considering getting a few of the Cabela's 3-D tagets for myself and my boys. Can anyone comment on the quality? I've never seen one up close and would like some input before I buy. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:57 PM

Default RE: Cabela's 3-D Targets?

junk!!!

Old 05-11-2005, 08:34 AM

djkiller - let me know what you really think

Would you be so kind as to elaborate?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

I seen some at their store. Some look very realistic. Not sure how they will hold up if you plan on shooting a lot into them.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

They are Delta targets w/ Cabelas name on them. Delta make pretty good targets. I actually prefer them over McKenzies for home use. Mainly because the small section that you actually shoot at is replacable for about $20.. instead of having to purchase a whole mid section which is getting to be very expensive now a days.. $75+. I've owned several Deltas and don't have any complaints about them.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:51 PM

I have 2 of the cabela 3d targets. w/ in a year I can get a pass through on almost every shot. They also, dont seem to weather very well. getting brittle. One front leg fell apart on one too. They served there purpose I guess. for what they cost. So, I went back to
Rineharts. should have never switched.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

djkiller.. if you leave the targets out in the sun it dries the foam out and makes them very brittle.. and they will wear out faster. This happens w/ all 3D targets regardless of manufacturer. I have a couple of Delta targets that have lasted several years. I put them in the garage when I'm not shooting at them. Not only does this keep them from getting destroyed by the sun.. but it also keeps them from getting stolen.

I like Rinehart targets alot also.. but they are 3-4 times as much $$$ as the Deltas... So for the $$$ I think they serve their purpose.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:49 AM

djkiller, thanks for the explanation.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:40 PM

Umm!! no it doesnt happen to all. Manufactuters use different polymers. Cabelas which are made by Mckenzee. A cheaper material though. will dry rot like deltas. but I have 3 Rineharts. bought 3 years ago. while they do fade from the sun. the foam didnt break down and flake. And they do cost more. I leave mine outside all year long. dont have a theft problem in my area. but my trials of targets have led me to believe that (1) -expensive target that lasts longer means I dont ahve to replace targets all the time. We have experimented w/ all brands at our club. They are worth every penny they cost. having to replace 30 targets every year can get expensive.