Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Oneida Eagle

Old 02-20-2005, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default Oneida Eagle

I saw an advertisement for this bow several times, then went to the website to check it out. I am wondering if any of you have any experience shooting this bow?
Sure is an interesting design to say the least.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2005, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Oneida Eagle

These are indeed interesting bows. Over the years, I've shot several but have never owned one. The ones I shot were VERY smooth and quite fast but also rather noisy. Supposedly, once you learn the tricks, they are easy to work on also. They are very good quality now that Claude Pollington took them over. I'd not be afraid to get one if the price was right and they felt right to you.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are THE smoothest bow to shoot and draw on the market, BAR NONE! When you pull the trigger, if it wasnt for the sound of the bow, you wouldnt know you shot, thats how little vibration and handshock are in the grip after the shot. The noise isnt really a factor on the new bows. With a couple of limbsavers and cat whiskers it can be made very quiet. You can completely disassemble this bow without a bow press. All you need is a couple allen wrenchs and a screwdriver. Thats it. You never need a bow press for this, EVER. So if your out in the field and you knick your string, just a couple 1 inch dowels between the limbs, and a new string put on it. If you have any more questions, come join the Oneida forum,

http://p096.ezboard.com/fcponeidaeaglebowsfrm2
Old 02-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Dominant Buck

I've been using an Oneida for about 15 years now. I have a Tomcat that I don't use anymore and now the Black Eagle. I bought a Black Eagle from both companies. My first one was great. It shot so unbelievable. This second one is shooting great but I think it still has something missing if I hade to compare the two. After having to rework my second bow from Pollington makes me question their attention to detail. I still love my bow and would still recommend it. Just go over it with a fine tooth comb if you buy direct from Pollington.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:47 PM

The lever action that these bows use make them so dang easy to draw it is not even funny. And they are also SO adjustable for fine tuning. I can't say enough about how good the people at CP were to me when I bought a used bow that was in nead of a tune up. They treated me better than most companies do when you buy a new bow from them. All I did was call to order some new cables and they asked me to send the whole bow in and they are tuning it for free. That is nice. the let off is real adjustable too and again, it is as simple as allen wrenches and a screwdriver. A real nice bow to have if you are going to have something go wrong with your hunting bow in the middle of the wilderness.

The bows are sneaky fast too guys and seem to maintain good velocity as you jack up the weight of your arrows. After putting on one set of limbsavers and two minisavers the bow is real quiet. A mathews shooter even commented on how quiet the bow was. As long as you find a way to reduce string slap, be it though shock fins or moleskin than they get down right silent. I will be doing that when I get my bow back later this week. You start shooting one and ANY other bow brand you pick up is going to draw real stiff at the same weight reading.

Try to find one and shoot it. It will be a real eye opener.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Hey all, thanks for the input. I have a hoyt and a Golden eagle, but I sure seem to be drawn toward the design of this Oneida.
Thanks again for the information.