Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

carbon arrow fletching glue

Old 02-09-2005, 08:41 PM

Default carbon arrow fletching glue

I have been useing carbons for three years now and never had a problem with carbon express shafts getting the feathers to stay on. I went to the easton C2 and have arrows coming out of deer with no feathers, and blowing off while practiceing. I scuff the shaft to take off the shine and clean with asatone and used bond tite for carbons. I have tried some jells but don't like how it flows on the feather, just wanted to know what might work better and what most people are useing. Thanks.......Dave
Old 02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: carbon arrow fletching glue

Pine Ridge Archery, Instant Arrow Glue will solve all your problems--once and for all!!!
I would recommend this glue without any hesitation. Here's a link.
http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro...=DUB2601/101.1
Old 02-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I fletch Eastons and Bemans all day long sometimes.[:'(]

With feathers I either use Bohnings fletch tite platnum or AAE fast set gel. I prefer a thick gel type glue to take up any voids that may be under the quill. Sometimes they don't sit perfectly flat ont he shaft.

I DO NOT scuff the shaft with anything. All you are doing there is getting dust on the shaft. I wipe them down with a clean damp (water) rag and fletch. They will not come off unless you take them off.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:43 AM

I've had good luck with Bohning Fletch Tite Platnum as well. It works well with my blazer vanes and I'm sure would work with your feathers. You can get a 2 oz tube at eaglearchery.com for around $5.00.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

I have great luck with the fletching tape. I do put a dot of glue on the front and back of the fletch. the fletching tape is very quick and easy along with being durable. I accidently shot an arrow thru my wooden fence and the feathers were still on the shaft. I have not tried vanes with the tape.