Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Pro 40 any good?

Old 01-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Pro 40 any good?

I'm looking at upgrading from a Nova to a Hoyt, Bowtech, or Mathews. A coworker has a 2004 Bowtech Pro 40 for sale for $350. I'm going to try it out this weekend, but I know nothing about the Pro 40, it's must be discontinued because it's not on the Bowtech site. He used it for 3-D shoots and trades every year. I'd like to know if this is a fair price for the bare bow, assuming that it's in good condition. I'll mainly use it for deer hunting. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick
Old 01-14-2005, 05:28 PM

Default RE: Pro 40 any good?

If you do not buy it at that price....WOW! You could sell it on ebay next year for that! I have patriot duallys and a pro 40 dually. Id JUMP all over that deal! Is this bow a single cam, dually or wheelie? Bowtech makes a GREAT bow.