Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HIND SIGHT

Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default HIND SIGHT

Anyone ever used or tried the Hind Sight bow sight? The reason I am asking is I wear glasses and with the new pair I just got I am having a hard time seeing through my peep. I have to look through the upper inside corner of the lense with my current anchor point and I very comfortable with this anchor. I don't know if this Hind Sight is the answer or not. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HIND SIGHT

I'll be checking back on this thread as well. Setting up my new Vipertec w/ one and hope it works out okay...I hate peep sights! You'll find mixed reviews on it I'm sure.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tried the Hind sight and tho it did work well I just could not get used to it.

The model I had you had to keep your first pin centered in the cross hairs no matter what distance you shoot plus it did block some away from the sight window.

I ended up giving it to someone here on the forum.

Another one to look at would be the No-Peep it works great and does not block the sight window you can either have it above or below your sight as well as either in front or behind the riser.

I have the No-Peep on all my bows and shoot out to 110 meters.
it will help you with any torqueing problems and yes it takes a little longer to set up but you have it set and get used to it just a quick glance to see that everything is on and your apples.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:19 PM

Konk,

Any luck yet figuring it out?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Duckstampede,

No, I haven't done anything yet. The Wisconsin Deer and Turkey Expo is comming up the first weekend in April and the Hind Sight people will be there, so I will definetly be there to see one for myself. I haven't heard back from the people at No Peep yet to know if they are going to be there.
I was hoping to get some feed back from other users and know what others thought were the +'s and -'s and then see for myself. thanks in advance for any info.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Aussyguy,

You said you shoot out to 110 "METERS". Practicing at that distance will definetly help with short 25 yrd shot.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:21 AM

I've used the hind sight for 2 yrs now and like it. It was hard to get used to at first. The hardest thing was getting away from using the 30, 40, etc. pins in the cross hairs. You sight it in with your 20 yard pin and that is the only one you put in the cross hairs. It is almost like shooting with a rifle sight then. You have to sight up or down on the target to allow for the yardage. At first this was very confusing but now it comes with ease.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:41 AM

i am getting rid of the peep this year also. i considered both the no-peep and the hind sight and went with the hind sight. i have it on my bow but have not had a chance to shoot as of yet. i will be going to a single stationary pin this season (probably set at 25yds, but that is still undetermined.) i am hoping that with enough shooting that i can be accurate out to 35-40yds with a single pin. i have set up the hind sight with my peep still installed as i figured that would get me close. once i order some new shafts, i'll start tinkering with the hind sight.

one thing i did notice when drawing my bow after the hind sight was installed, i do NOT torque the bow at all. i've drawn it several times with hunting gear on, etc. i was pretty relieved to know that i don't have a habit of torquing the bow. of course i didn't think that i had a torquing problem, but i was a little nervous to see if the hind sight would reveal an unknown problem to me. [8D]
Old 01-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be shooting my new bow ('05 Hoyt Vipertec) with the Hind Sight installed next week sometime. I had to get my rest put on there first before installing anything else. Had some problems with MZE rest, so went with a NAP QuickTune 4000. Also using a Dusk Devil 2 in conjuction w/ the Hind Sight. Will post my results after shooting. I'm determined to like the Hind Sight because I hate using a peep sight so much.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:22 AM
c j
Typical Buck

I have a No-Peep, which I like, but I'm intrigued by the Hind Sight. The No-Peep is very sensitive to any torque and it really helps 'teach' you to draw and anchor the same way every time. However, it's very difficult to pick up sometimes in dark conditions (ground blind) and it can glare if the sun is directly behind you.

What I'm curious (concerned) about with the Hind Sight is:
[ul][*] Do the crosshairs block your view of the animal/target much? They seem big. [*] How well does it show up in low light?

[/ul]

Quick Reply: HIND SIGHT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.