Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HIND SIGHT

Old 01-13-2005, 12:15 PM

Default RE: HIND SIGHT

i will give you my opinions of the hindsight. keep in mind that i have not used it in hunting situations.

Do the crosshairs block your view of the animal/target much? They seem big.
i had this very concern also before i bought it. i really don't think it will be an issue for me. i've drawn my bow with it installed and looked at my target from varying distances and i never felt that it cluttered my view. since this is sort of a personal preference kind of thing i would suggest drawing a bow with one on it to see for yourself...what doesn't seem like an obstructive view to me, may very well be to you.

How well does it show up in low light?
this i can assure is of no concern. i installed the hindsight on my bow. the first thing i did after it was installed, was to take it into a really dark room...man, those crosshairs were friggin bright! for morning hunts i will probably just shine my light on them for a few minutes before i head out to my stand...i would suggest go to the hind sight website for additional info on how long the glow lasts as well as how long the actual glowing material is good for.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:53 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Thanks, sho-me.

I've all but decided to get a Hind Sight and Whisker Biscuit for hunting. I love the No-Peep and the QT4000 for target shooting, but I don't think they're ideal for hunting.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

i could never use pins and switched to this site about 6 years ago. www.eradicator.com same idea but more like a gun site. i could never understand the use of multiple pins unless shooting out west or long distances but i guess it varies on the set up. i use to get a headache trying to think about which pin to use when i should have been concentrating on the approaching game. i would think most bows set up 60 to 70 pounds and with the right arrows could use a single pin from 10 yards to 22 yards and make it in the kill zone.i can say this site wont block your view of the game and made hunting with the bow more fun getting rid of that peep.