Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Anyone Have This Bow

Old 01-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone Have This Bow

I am getting ready to buy a bow and I am looking at the PSE Fire Flite 33 L3 and I was wondering If anyone had this bow and how they like it I also was looking at the PSE Typhoon and I compared the two and they are just about the same. THANKS

YOUR NOT GOING TO KILL ANYTHING SITTING AT HOME
Old 01-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone Have This Bow

I guess my question to you is - Have you shot either bow ? There may be little difference in the description of the bows, but bigger differences in the performance of them. If you haven't shot either bow, go ahead and them and form your own opinion. Get what YOU like, not what others like. If you are new to the sport go to an Archery Pro Shop and talk to them and shoot as many different makes and models of bows as possible, then make a descision. I'm not trying to talk you out of buying a PSE (my first two bows were PSE), they are very good bows, just don't make your choice on what others tell you, find out for your self. Good Luck !!!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 04:40 PM

my advice is:
1. what is weight and how are you going to hunt, it may be an issue.
2. is FPS important to you? if it is, go faster.
3. let off? will you possibly be holding for a long time?
4. PRICE! if all of these things are about the same go for the less expensive (only if it feels good)
I've killed more game with my 1st bow ($50) than any other bow I've owned. But I'm not into the whole "more expensive-the better" mantality, and only give the "get what you pay for" thing only so much clout.
Good luck and good hunting.
standingbear
Old 01-06-2005, 08:17 PM

I own the PSE Fire-Flite 33 AC. It is last years module. It is pretty much the same thing. I am an extremely good shot with this bow. I love everything about this bow except the speed. It is a little bit slow. Here is a 55 yard shot with my bow:

Old 01-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info guys I agree with you standingbear about the price I have killed 3 deer with my Bear Sportsman Bow I bought at Dicks for 100 dollars and the draw weight is maxed out at 45 pounds I think I am going to go with the PSE Fire Flite 33 LS with a 50-60 pound draw and a 29 inch draw length Zak123 that is good for a 55 yard shot thanks for the pictures.